Who We Are
Geotab ® is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work ™ .” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Geotab Marketplace ® , offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram , Twitter or Facebook . Join our talent network to learn more about job opportunities and company news.
Geotab cares about your safety. You may be required to be vaccinated based on the nature of your work (ex: travel requirements) or due to changing local governmental health requirements.
Who You Are
We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking a Data Analyst who will analyzes well-defined sets of data using a variety of different tools to answer tangible business needs and find meaningful insights. If you love technology, and are keen to join an industry leader — we would love to hear from you!
What You'll Do
As a Data Analyst your key area of responsibility will be Examine large data sets to identify trends, develop charts, and create visual presentations to help businesses make more strategic decisions. You will need to work closely with Data professionals within the Data & Analytics Teams. To be successful in this role you will be a self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and have the ability to quickly understand complex, technical concepts. In addition, the successful candidate will have strong analytical and project management skills with an ability to identify needs, develop effective solutions, and manage projects through completion. The successful candidate will also be able to manage multiple timelines and contrasting priorities to ensure timely results.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Examine large data sets to identify trends, develop charts, and create visual presentations to help businesses make more strategic decisions.
- Maintain data systems and databases.
- Utilize statistical tools to interpret data sets and prepare reports that effectively communicate trends, patterns, and predictions based on relevant findings.
- Write SQL queries to find answers to complex business questions.
- Identify any data quality issues and partialities in data acquisition.
- Coordinate with the engineering team to gather incremental new data.
- Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis.
- Use data mining, model building, and other analytical techniques to support internal initiatives.
- Assist the internal technical departments by providing meaningful insight using datasets.
- Work with data scientists and leverage machine learning models that have been developed against Geotab’s big data environment.
What You'll Bring To This Role
- Post-secondary Degree/Diploma specialization in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Science, Mathematics, or a related field.
- 1-3 years experience as a Data Analyst or a similar role.
- 1-3 years experience with SQL.
- 1-3 years experience with data science tools (e.g. Python, Pandas, NumPy).
- Experience working with big data and an understanding of techniques used to extract value out of very large datasets.
- Experience working closely with business analysts to arrive at data solutions.
- Experience with database design and writing queries.
- Familiarity with machine learning concepts is an asset.
- Familiarity with Scikit-learn, Tensorflow an asset.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to problem solve to well-judged decisions.
- Strong team player with the ability to engage with all levels of the organization.
- Technical competence using software programs, including but not limited to, Google Suite for business (Sheets, Docs, Slides).
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable in a flat organization.
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role! Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
Why Job Seekers Choose Geotab
Work from home and flex work arrangements
Baby bonus & parental leave top up program
Home office reimbursement program
Online learning and networking opportunities
Electric vehicle purchase incentive program
Competitive medical and dental benefits
Retirement savings program
- The above are offered to full-time permanent employees only
How We Work
At Geotab, we have adopted a flexible first working model in that we have systems, functions, programs and policies in place to support both in-person and virtual work. However, you are welcomed and encouraged to come into our beautiful, safe, clean offices as often as you like. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Virtual work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
We believe that ensuring diversity is fundamental to our future growth and progress and is an integral part of our business. We believe that success happens where new ideas can flourish – in an environment that is rich in diversity and a place where people from various backgrounds can work together. Geotab encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired. We will ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account as part of performance management, career development, training and redeployment processes. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our diversity and inclusion as well as accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at email@example.com. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.