- 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
- Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
- Experience leading and influencing the data strategy of your team or organization
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an analytical area such as Computer Science, Management information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or similar field
- 8-10 years’ experience working with large scale complicated datasets; experience with relevant technologies and of enterprise-level system implementations, such as data warehouses, ETL automation, BI visualization tools, and cloud-based data management tools
- Demonstrated ability to manage global projects or programs including work prioritization, planning, and coordination
Amazon Retail Consumables Analytics & Data Engineering (CADE) team is looking for a technically skilled and customer-focused data engineering leader who is passionate about shaping up the Data warehousing and Data Engineering roadmaps. Consumables is one of the pillars of amazon core retail and fastest growing business and the CADE team supports Data Warehousing and Data Engineering needs of Consumables organization. As a Sr DE in this team, you will be contributing towards the overall CADE solutions and specifically responsible for leading the data engineering roadmap of Consumables Shopping Experience (CSE) business. You will be instrumental in addressing the ever-evolving data needs by applying both in-house and external services and tools, design and build scalable architectural components and solve challenging problems in big data processing and data warehouse domain.
In this role you will be partnering with the data analytics and science teams and work closely with other business stakeholders and software engineering teams across the CSE business org to align on the Data Engineering roadmaps. You will work with other Data Engineers and BIEs to solve the issues with the current design, scaling and storage solutions and look around corners continuously to raise the bar on data capabilities to meet the current and future needs of the business. You will continually coach, develop, and mentor junior resources to achieve strong levels of performance and their personal development goals.
A qualified candidate will have demonstrated ability to manage large-scale data data modeling projects and built scalable data warehousing solutions in the past. If you love solving challenging problems and like to move fast in a growing and changing environment, this role is right fit for you. The most successful members of our team are obsessed with helping our customers in creative ways, bring clarity to ambiguity through data driven experimentation, and think big to build solution extensible enough to handle existing and upcoming use cases.
Key job responsibilitiesKey Responsibilities:
- Lead the Data Engineering roadmap and deliver cross-functional, data engineering projects across product replenishment business.
- Establish and drive data engineering best practices and set standards.
- Evaluate end-to-end data designs for strengths and weaknesses (data quality, scalability, latency, security, performance, data integrity, etc.)
- Establish and clearly communicate organizational vision, goals and success measures to business stakeholders
- Hire, develop and mentor a team of high-performance data engineers
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to leadership
- Advanced proficiency in SQL, ETL, data modeling, and working with big data
- Experience with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Agile/Scrum methods
- Experience designing and building big data solutions using AWS and Amazon data tools and services
- Experience managing a team remotely across various time zones.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.