Intelligent Conversation and Communication Cloud (IC3) powers billions of customer conversations across Microsoft’s real-time conversation products and third-party solutions. IC3 enables reliable and high-quality audio/video calling, meeting, messaging services that work every time from anywhere seamlessly across all customer touchpoints. IC3 makes conversations on our platforms more intelligent in real-time empowering best-in-class productivity tools for the modern workplace where every call, meeting or chat will make the next one better.
We are a growing team and looking for an experienced Applied Scientist to help us on our mission of employing deep learning to understand all the data generated by billions of interactions per day. With this understanding we power end-user experiences across a variety of areas, including:
- Compute and Networking requirements
- Usage patterns and forecasting changes
- Recommender systems
We are looking for a passionate and ambitious Applied Scientist with demonstrable skills in information retrieval, deep learning, natural language processing and/or large-scale distributed computing.
Key responsibilities include:
- Research and development of deep learning models for Microsoft Aritifical Intelligence scenarios, including language understanding, multi-modal representation learning, etc.
- Pushing the envelope on deep learning by:
- Defining problems and establishing metrics
- Gathering training data at scale
- Exploring model design and architecture
- Exploring learning objectives and tasks
- Optimizing solutions and shipping to production
- Usage Growth Modelling
- DL infrastructure and platform support
- Minimum: Bachelors; Preferred: advanced degree and/or industry experience
- Experience applying deep learning techniques
- 5+ years of experience coding in Python, C++, C#, C or Java
- Passionate and self-motivated
- Ability to effectively collaborate and ship production features in a multi-project, fast-paced team environment
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Customer/end result/metrics driven in design and development
- Ability and motivation to self-teach while entering new domains and managing through ambiguity
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.