Momentum Financial Services Group, formerly Money Mart Financial Services is a leading provider of financial services in North America. For 40 years we've been committed to providing financial solutions that meet the evolving needs of consumers and business owners. Backed by a retail network of over 450 locations and robust digital and mobile platforms, we provide access to cash and related products to help our customers achieve their goals. We operate retail locations in local communities and cities across Canada under the Money Mart® brand and in Quebec as Insta Cheques® and in United States as Money Mart® and The Check Cashing Store®.
Our highly skilled workforce puts customers first in everything we do. We serve millions of people annually with diverse and innovative financial products and services. Through this ever-evolving suite of services, we empower customers to manage their finances and improve their lives. Wherever customers are on their financial journey, Momentum Financial Services Group provides solutions.
We believe in giving back to the communities where we live and work. With the generous support of our customers and staff, we proudly contribute over two hundred & fifty thousand dollars annually to charities and non-profit organizations, along with using our time and talent to serve in local communities throughout Canada and the United States. We are looking for aspiring, passionate people who are dedicated to understanding and providing our customers with the right financial solutions utilizing a growing menu of products and services. We embrace diversity and offer a fast-paced work environment.Job Description
The Collections Analytics team is looking for a business analyst to perform analysis and reporting related to the company’s overdue payment collections efforts and strategies. This person will perform analysis, develop reporting, and identify/recommend collection strategy enhancements.Duties/Responsibilities
- Analyze delinquency and loss trends through ad hoc analyses (using SQL and other relational database tools) and reporting (using reporting/visualization tools such as Tableau and/or Excel)
- Work with functional partners to deploy tests, collect data, analyze results, and make strategic recommendations related to the company’s collections efforts and programs
- Establish and maintain effective collections performance tracking ensuring that strategies are performing as expected and provide recommendations of changes in a timely manner
- Present findings and recommendations to business partners and senior management
- Analyze collections-related factors such as concentrations, product mix, delinquency, loss trending, and process optimization
- Create segmentations to differentiate customer behavior and collectability, as well as optimize treatment, timing, and message
- Identify key risk drivers, analytically segment the customer portfolio along these factors, and assess concentrations, exposures, and exception levels
- Work with central modeling teams to build new scorecards and validate existing scoring models as they pertain to use in collection strategies
- Work with internal and external partners to develop and evolve digital methods for collections and debt recovery operations.
Required: A Master’s degree or higher in a quantitative field such as Data Science, Decision Science, Business Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Finance, or Economics.Experience
- Required: At least 5 years of experience using analytics tools/applications, including SQL. (Additionally, experience with R, Python, and/or Tableau is preferred, but not required.)
- Required: At least 2 years of experience solving business problems with data/analytics within an analytics-related functional area, such as marketing analytics or credit risk analytics
- Preferred (but not required): Experience within collection analytics and/or credit/risk functions of a financial services company.
- We’re looking for someone who is highly skilled at the following:
- Performing data analysis using a range of languages, such as SQL, SAS, R, and Python
- Giving meaning, insight, and purpose to information driving key business decisions
- Explaining complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Approaching ambiguous business problems with sound business judgment and creativity
- Effectively managing and prioritizing projects and tasks, from multiple stakeholder groups, across project lifecycle stages (ideation, planning, execution, and go-to-market).
- Medical / Dental/ Vision benefits available
- Company paid life insurance
- Paid holidays
- PTO / 401K / Tuition Reimbursement
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We invest in our employees, and offer extensive training, and development programs to set you up for future success. If we sound like a fit and you’re ready to start an exciting career with an organization that encourages employee growth, apply today! We look for bright, energetic, motivated individuals who are interested in learning and developing their career.