PXL Vision is looking for a Data Science Team Leader to join their Core Technology Team that has a strong background in Statistics, Data Engineering, Machine Learning and Programming. You will build and lead a team of data annotators and data scientists and contribute to the development of sustainable, scalable and robust machine learning models and algorithms that are used to build PXL Visions technology stack for digital identity solutions.
The ideal candidate will bring her/his expertise in managing data mining campaigns to the job all the way from defining the problem formulation and deriving sound taxonomies to data sampling strategies and annotation quality validation. Additionally, you will be responsible for establishing and implementing best practices for model validation and iterative model development in collaboration with machine learning engineers and product management for our Core technology stack.
- Work closely with the Core Tech Team to develop product orient machine learning solutions
- Apply scientific rigour and statistical methods for data sampling, analysis and identification of error modes and corner cases
- Build and lead a team of data annotators and data scientists
- Support, develop and improve data labeling workflows
- Develop tools and infrastructure for scalable machine learning pipelines
- Validate model quality wrt. product and customer requirements
- Provide feedback for tool improvement for more efficient throughput
- Supervise Data Annotation Campaigns to deliver results as planned
- Master’s degree in a STEM related field, PHD is a plus
- Experienced with defining and conducting data annotation campaigns
- Experience with building and leading high performing data science teams
- Strong background in statistical analysis and machine learning in particular Deep Learning
- Ability to learn quickly and implement new concepts.
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Experience with Python data science libraries (Pandas, scikit learn, seaborne, matplotlib etc.) and designing and handling SQL databases
- Ability to prepare complex insights from large datasets and derive sound conclusions for improving data quality and processing
- Ideally you have prior experience with data analysis with regard to ID documents and human faces or related experience
- Shows proactive behavior in addressing issues and problems
- Fluency in English is required with both verbal and written skills, German is a plus
Now, let’s talk about some of the cool things that come with working at PXL Vision!Here are some of them:
- Flexible working hours
- Choice of your device Mac/ PC
- Ergonomic Desks for comfortable working
- Daily Fresh Fruit and Snacks & Premium Coffee to fuel your performance
- Annual Training/ Developmental Support upto 1500 CHF/Euros
- German Language Training Support upto 1500 CHF/ Euros
- Weekly Team Breakfast
- Regular Team Events - We even got a calendar for that
If you love a very informal work environment, flexible working system, a great compensation package and benefits offering - and most of all, being part of team that works diligently but is authentic to its core, please forward us your profile, We are excited to see you apply!
We are proud of to let you know that we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate.