Want to do the best work of your life? Make your mark at Europe’s leading entertainment brand. Our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work – a place where you can be yourself and let your skills shine.
Machine Learning Engineer – Data Platform & Analytics for Insights
Working at Sky Italy in Data Platform & Analytics (DP&A) is a unique opportunity to design and implement the best solutions to exploit the power of data in combination with our platform capabilities by working on advanced analytics use cases to derive knowledge and gain insights on how to keep our customers experience at top level.
The candidate will be a key person for advanced analytics usage within DP&A by promoting Machine Learning (ML) approaches and maintaining/improving the current Artificial Intelligence (AI) end to end infrastructure with the aim to maximize the value of data and push towards the evolution of new use cases thanks to the adoption of the Big Data ecosystem.
- Contribute to the overall system design/architecture and implementation, understanding requirements and problems to be solved and translating these into data engineering solutions.
- Develop and maintain the data flows, ingesting raw data from different sources or data platforms, transforming it through a set of tools into intuitive data models, KPI and allowing to act on this data.
- Help to foster innovation and good engineering practices (testing, continuous integration/delivery, pair programming, software design patterns, ...)
- Research and implement appropriate ML algorithms and tools, design ML systems, propose AI applications according to requirements and data science prototypes
- Select appropriate datasets, design efficient data models and data representation methods
- Understanding business objectives and propose/developing models that help to achieve them, along with metrics to track their progress
- Managing available resources such as hardware, data, and team staffing so that project deadlines are met
- Design and deploy to production end to end ML pipelines by using best practices for continuous monitoring/retraining/redeploying
- Analyze/rank ML algorithms that could be used to solve a given problem, perform statistical analysis and fine-tuning according to test results
- Excellent problem solving skills, creative and entrepreneurial
- Experience designing highly available, scalable and distributed end to end data flows
- Strong experience in the whole software development lifecycle, including code versioning systems (Git) and CI/CD
- Experience with OO programming (Scala, Java, Python, C++, ...)
- Experience with relational databases (Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, ...)
- Experience with scripting languages (Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby, ...)
- Experience with “Big Data” technologies on Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services or Azure
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.