Arcadis is the world's leading company delivering sustainable design, engineering, and consultancy solutions for natural and built assets.
We are more than 36,000 people, in over 70 countries, dedicated to improving quality of life. Everyone has an important role to play. With the power of many curious minds, together we can solve the world’s most complex challenges and deliver more impact together.Role description:
Note: See below regarding the nature of this position being a prospecting position.
Arcadis is currently seeking Analysts and Junior Management Consultants to join our world-class Business Advisory practice nationwide.
We are looking for candidates who want to apply technical know-how, combined with business principles, to the water, wastewater, and stormwater industry. We want dedicated, creative, and energetic candidates interested in tackling challenges and developing sustainable solutions to address water issues like renewal and replacement of aging infrastructure, funding of capital improvements, water supply, workforce retention and development, and emergency preparedness. Collaborating with our experienced consulting professionals, you will support and contribute to project outcomes; interact, and work with clients, and develop your technical capabilities.
We are a People First company, industry thought leaders, and drivers and allies of utility innovation.
Our passion: to Improve Quality of Life.
Our approach: to delight our clients by developing successful long-term partnerships and supporting them to address existing and emerging challenges.
Arcadis provides multiple onboarding and development programs created for young professionals that support professional growth and help drive creativeness, innovation, and greater integration within our local, National and global teams.Role accountabilities:
What will you do?
- Assess, develop, and support a variety of management consultant projects including performing data analytics, financial analysis, operational and organizational assessments, condition assessments, vulnerability, and mitigation assessments, as well as planning and development for utilities, municipalities, and cities’ (primarily water/wastewater/stormwater utilities).
- Utilize strong analytical skills and ability to apply logic to solve problems.
- Support teams in tasks ranging from general fieldwork to technical office-based analysis.
- Assist in technical writing which may include preparation of technical reports, business development support, presentations, and other audiovisual materials.
- Work independently and as part of a team, with the flexibility to accommodate collaboration with team members across the U.S. and internationally.
- Manage multiple concurrent projects with multiple deadlines, ensuring completion per project budgets and timelines.
What skills will you need?
Qualifications & Experience:
- Reliable, client-focused, and capable of working independently under the supervision of project managers.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, strong attention to detail, organization skills, and work ethic.
- Self-motivated and team-oriented, with the ability to work successfully both independently and within a team.
- Ability to balance and address new challenges as they arise and an eagerness to take ownership of tasks.
- Knowledge of engineering concepts, theories, and practices related to water/wastewater/stormwater.
- Drive to succeed and grow a career in the utility industry
- Masters of Science degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, or closely related STEM discipline; or business analytics/MBA, MS in data science or related business discipline.
- For those with engineering degrees, ability to obtain the EIT within six months of start date
This is a general job posting and not tied to a specific current open position. Please make sure you create a search agent to be alerted of specific opportunities of interest. Candidates who submit their resume to this posting may be considered for all future openings as they arise.
- Previous relevant consulting or utility experience, either internship or full-time.
- Experience applying programming languages and analytics to problem-solving is a plus
- SharePoint, Building Information Modeling (BIM), Power BI, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Change Management skills, and/or Augmented Reality experience
We can only achieve our goals when everyone is empowered to be their best. We believe everyone's contribution matters. It’s why we are pioneering a skills-based approach, where you can harness your unique experience and expertise to carve your career path and maximize the impact we can make together.
You’ll do meaningful work, and no matter what role, you’ll be helping to deliver sustainable solutions for a more prosperous planet. Make your mark, on your career, your colleagues, your clients, your life and the world around you.
Together, we can create a lasting legacy.
Join Arcadis. Create a Legacy.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Arcadis offers benefits for full time and part time positions. These benefits include medical, dental, and vision, EAP, 401K, STD, LTD, AD&D, life insurance, paid parental leave, reward & recognition program and optional benefits including wellbeing benefits, adoption assistance and tuition reimbursement. We offer seven paid holidays and potentially up to two floating holidays per calendar year depending on start date, and 15 days PTO that accrue per year. The salary range for this position is $52000 - 89700 / year.