Who we are
Codepan is a boutique agency focused on building innovative, AI driven products & solutions for clients; we are a team of passionate data scientists, product builders and technologists bridging the gap between the power and potential of AI research and companies’ ability to harness AI technologies to deliver real business value.
- Our purpose is to use data science technology to build beautiful software products
- Our vision is to be the innovation partner for top companies in the European Union
- Our mission is to partner with industry leaders to make their businesses more profitable through harnessing modern AI technologies
- Our strategy is to ideate, build MVPs and evolve products for our clients
About the role
We are looking for a curiousity driven, self-motivated and results-driven senior data scientist who enjoys hands-on involvement in building products & solutions with a strong focus on business value and impact and wants to grow into mentoring or leading a small team of data scientists.
As a part of the team, you will...
- develop and implement algorithms
- partner with a variety of clients across different industry domains
- contribute to our various client project / product development phases - starting with the ideation stage, through tuning, testing and delivery
- let your curiousity and motivation drive new ideas & improve existing algorithms, optimize solutions and solve practical challenges
- analyze and attain better understandings of client data sets and translate business problems to ML solutions
- implement best practices for machine learning models as well as monitor their performance in production
- contribute to the innovation processes, best practices and coding standards in our team
- collaborate with the product and engineering teams to balance technical value work with feature work (e.g. refactoring, performance improvements)
In terms of skills and experience, you have...
- 5+ years of experience working as a data scientist
- the ability to quickly prototype as well as to write production-ready code
- an understanding of agile software development
- worked with large datasets, applying ML knowledge to solve business problems
- strong experience with Python and other ML focused languages
- a willingness and proficiency to learn on the fly / on the job new skills
- proficiency in ML libraries/frameworks: pandas, numpy, scikit learn, tensorflow/keras
- familiarity with visualization tools like matplotlib, seaborn and plotly
- experience implementing both shallow algorithms (SVM, decisions trees etc.) as well as deep architectures (LSTMs, GANs etc.) and know when it is appropriate to use each
- a university degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- ability to communicate with stakeholders and peers with a wide range of technical understanding, across engineering and product organisations
- proficient written and spoken English language skills
- handle a bit a of chaos
As a plus, you have...
- experience in mentoring or leading a team
- practical experience working with unsupervised learning, semi-supervised and/or weakly supervised learning
- awareness of devops and engineering best practices, especially docker, git, testing
- experience with test-driven development, continuous integration and deployment techniques and especially familiarity developing and maintaining ML algorithms for SaaS products
- knowledge of recent infrastructure ecosystems including cloud technology providers,Kubernetes, infrastructure automation and ability to work independently on such environments
As personal qualities, you have...
- keen curiosity
- intellectual agility
- strong sense of ownership
- creative solution-orientation
- readiness to self-reflect and learn from mistakes
- enthusiasm to work in a diverse team and an agile environment
- excellent communication skills
We offer you...
- a focused and collaborative environment that leverages diverse perspectives
- opportunities to thrive through autonomy, challenging tasks, work on latest technology trends as well as collaboration with industry leaders and experts
- a company culture built on integrity, trust, openness and passion
- a flexible schedule and remote working opportunity
- an attractive compensation package with bonus pay
- an office in a repurposed warehouse in Berlin-Kreuzberg