General Motors’ Software Defined Vehicle (SDV) group unlocks a new level of potential by further integrating our vehicles with their digital world. SDV has created Ultifi, a new vehicle intelligence platform, designed to unlock new vehicle experiences. With Ultifi, we will connect with customers through software-defined features, apps and services via Over-the-Air (OTA). The new platform works by separating key software from the hardware to simplify the OTA process, enabling us to provide more robust updates and cloud-services to our customers.
Think this could be a good fit for you? Are you interested to be a part of a collaborative, driven, and bold organization that embraces innovation and challenges? If you have experience in electrical engineering, software engineering, or computer science/programming and you're ready to go all-in to deliver vehicles that evolve digitally with our customers’ lives, let's connect.GM’s Canadian Technical Centre
There’s never been a more exciting time to work in automotive software development and engineering. That’s because our people are the driving force behind GM’s vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion.
We’re looking for new team members to help bring this vision to life through cutting-edge research and software development, innovation, testing, and engineering at GM’s Canadian Technical Centre, Kapuskasing Proving Ground and McLaughlin Advanced Technology Track.
We want those who are bold, innovative, and ready to redefine the way the world moves.
Join our team today!Core Responsibilities
Additional Job Description
- Build data pipelines
- Manage datasets on data infrastructure platforms
- Develop, execute, and manage data validation tests
- Responsible for getting data to the platform
- Ensures data appears in the right format and the right systems for analysts and scientists to use
Required Skills and Experience
Compensation and Benefits:
- 5+ years of experience with big data technologies (such as Azure)
- Experience with data pipelines (streaming and distributed storage)
- Programming skills (python)
- GM’s Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs.
- GM’s comprehensive compensation and benefits plan is carefully designed and thoroughly benchmarked against the companies that we compete for talent in the local market.
The goal of the General Motors of Canada total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan currently includes the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and supplemental benefits for pregnancy, parental and adoption leave.
- Healthcare, dental and vision benefits including health care spending account and wellness incentive.
- Life insurance plans to cover you and your family.
- Company and matching contributions to a Defined Contribution Pension plan to help you save for retirement.
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values.
- Tuition Assistance and Employee Assistance Program.
- GM Vehicle Purchase Plan for you, your family and friends.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities. Should you be contacted by General Motors of Canada, please advise if you require accommodation. General Motors of Canada values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.