Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. We strive to make software freely accessible to everyone around the world. Software developed at Red Hat runs in vehicles that landed on the moon, airlines, banks, trains, social media, health care, academic institutions, robots, and in many other places.
If you’re interested so far, keep reading.
The Red Hat Certified Technology Ecosystem (CTE) team is looking for a Data Analyst Intern to join us. In this role, you will interact with product, partner, and marketing teams to identify data-related issues and help formulate questions regarding data management and quality analysis. This will involve engaging real stakeholders, performing robust data analysis, and managing end-to-end partner data. Our stakeholders use these data and insights to make data-driven-decisions. We can offer you social engagement, mentorship opportunities, professional networking and meaningful work throughout your summer at Red Hat. You will work in an environment where diverse perspectives are invited, the best ideas are valued, and people feel empowered to contribute. Freedom and courage are two of our core values, which is why you’ll need to be comfortable taking risks and exploring the unknown. Successful applicants must reside in a state where Red Hat is registered to do business.
Primary job responsibilities:
- Work closely with other members of the team to understand data and reporting needs; create, refine, and maintain reports
- Provide state-of-the-data analysis around partner data to ensure accuracy and consistency
- Analyze and document new and existing processes related to data management and recommend actions
- Work closely with other members of the team to collaborate on issues and address data quality improvement opportunities
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Passionate about the idea of telling data stories through visualization and dashboards
- Familiarity with basic extract, transform, load (ETL) processes and programming languages including SQL and Python
- Demonstrated experience, familiarity, and ease with handling large datasets and crunching numbers
- Graduate students working with an undergraduate degree or working on a master’s degree in business administration, economics, computer science, statistics, or a related quantitative field are preferred
- Understanding of data architecture best practices is a plus
About Red Hat:
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account - healthcare and dependent care
- Health Savings Account - high deductible medical plan
- Retirement 401(k) with employer match
- Paid time off and holidays
- Paid parental leave plans for all new parents
- Leave benefits including disability, paid family medical leave, and paid military leave
- Additional benefits including employee stock purchase plan, family planning reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, transportation expense account, employee assistance program, and more!
Note: These benefits are only applicable to full time, permanent associates at Red Hat located in the United States.
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.