OFFICE OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Senior Systems Analyst (Data Scientist / Machine Learning Engineer) (PR0704/22-23)
Reporting to the Data Analytics Manager of Information Technology, the appointee will be an in-house expert in Data Science, AI & Machine Learning to build and maintain the data platform, models and tools that deliver the next generation of analytics to empower the University in data-driven decision making and operation at scale.
- Design, implement, validate and administer the machine learning platform on cloud-based Data Lakehouse;
- Implement, measure and optimise the performance of algorithms and models;
- Enhance data collection process for building advanced analytics;
- Perform the data analytic, predictive modelling develop automated data analytic & other processes;
- Working closely with project managers and commercial users to analysis the business requirements and translating them into technical requirements;
- Develop Proof of Concepts using cutting edge AI / Data Analytics technologies and industry best practices;
- Support senior management to build awareness and assess opportunities for AI / Data Analytics technologies to maximise value / impact of the function, and provide implementation recommendations;
- Work with Business and IT stakeholders to co-design implementation roadmap;
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships and teamwork through close collaboration with internal stakeholders, IT teams and external vendors for continuous improvement and innovation; and
- Perform other IT projects and assignments as directed.
- A bachelor's degree or above in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or related discipline;
- At least 5 years' experience in IT field and at least 3 years solid experience work as Machine Learning Engineer or Data Scientist;
- Experienced in working with large data sets in appropriate technologies, and in working with data engineers to build good data;
- Proficient in Machine Learning model development workflow and good understanding of data exploration, data processing, and feature engineering techniques;
- Track record of successful application of established Data Science, ML and statistical techniques to solve real-world problems in areas such as natural language processing and graph analytics;
- Experienced with data presentation tools such as Power BI / Qlik Sense / Tableau, to clearly articulate the outputs, conclusions and weaknesses of your models to both technical and non-technical stakeholders;
- Experience in Oracle Autonomous Database and/or cloud data lakehouse is an advantage;
- Passionate about the role Data Science can play in growing and empowering an organisation; and
- Good team player while be able to work independently with proficiency in problem solving and troubleshooting.
Work Location: Tsuen Wan Campus
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to sit for a written test.
The initial appointment will be offered on a fixed-term contract for up to 2 years. Re-appointment thereafter will be subject to mutual agreement.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants are invited to submit their applications at the HKBU e-Recruitment System (https://jobs.hkbu.edu.hk). Those who are not invited for interview 8 weeks after submission of application may consider their applications unsuccessful. Details of the University's Personal Information Collection Statement can be found at https://hro.hkbu.edu.hk/en/worklife-at-hkbu/employee-favourable-environment.html#privacy-policy.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment for the post advertised, and the appointment will be made according to the terms and conditions applicable at the time of offer.
Review of applications is ongoing until the position is filled.