Who we are
The Analytics Centre of Excellence is established as the central team to develop the data science practice for DBS. We work with business to develop various types of data science products/solutions. At the same time, we also lead the development of enterprise advanced analytics infrastructure as well as creating various data science best practices for DBS.
The hired data scientist will primarily play an active role in supporting the bank to build advance analytic solutions by working with the business owners/sponsors, and other data scientists to develop advance analytics solutions. The successful candidate will lead the efforts to propose advanced analytics to drive business value, including: understand the business domain and data; build end-to-end advanced analytical solutions to and deploy to production system; build the CICD practice to manage models regarding quick experiments and feedback loop; communicate analytics result and machine learning model details with business and stakeholders; lead and mentor junior data scientist, help them learn and grow.
- PhD or Master in computer science, mathematics, statistics, business analytics, or related field.
- 3+ years of data science project experience in industry (ideally banking, finance, ecommerce, telecoms, retail, fintech or technology firms) and/or academia with demonstrated track record of innovative research and insight generation and implementation of insights into tools/processes delivering front end business results
- Experience working on large amount of data, building and implementing various machine learning applications.
- Excellent modelling background including but not limited to classification, clustering, recommender systems, deep learning, reinforcement learning, natural language processing et al.
- Programming experience in Python, PySpark.
- Familiarity with Hadoop, Hive, SQL, NoSQL.
- Familiar with machine learning framework and different tasks performed during the modelling process. In-depth understanding of data processing, wrangling and feature engineering techniques.
- Solid track record of deploying machine learning solution into production environment and integrate into operation.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and strategic thinker. Ability to communicate complex analysis/models across a diverse team. Good interpersonal skill and able to influence the decision making of data science and IT
- Proficient with code management tools such Git, Bitbucket, Jira and confluence.
- Eager to learn and get hands dirty with new technology.
- Familiar with NLP/Graph Mining/Deep Learning
- Experience on the open source stack of big data and machine learning solutions such as Hadoop, Spark Streaming, Kafka
- Experience building robust & high-throughput API for analytics-as-a-service solutions
- CFA/CPA/FRM certificate will be a plus