TikTok is the leading destination for short-form video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. Our Trust & Safety team's commitment is to keep our online community safe. We have invested heavily in human and machine based moderation to remove harmful content quickly and often before it reaches our general community. Your well-being is very important to us. As part of this commitment, you will have access to our especially designed wellbeing programmes to support your physical and psychological health and wellbeing.
The goal of the data team is to help business make many good decisions using data. As a data scientist on our Trust & Safety team, you will work closely with cross functional partners such as product managers and program managers to identify root causes of content risk on our platforms and help formulate strategies to minimise user impact. You will be proactively analysing performance metrics, trends and delivering insights that will influence trust and safety decisions, you will also be building data science toolings that strengthen our detection and protection capability in trust and safety.
1. Support strategic planning and execution for long term business plans through in-depths research, industry studies and the study of market trends.
2. Design and establish indicator systems for safety and risks of the platform, monitor and optimize risk coverage in each link, measure the performance of content safety strategies and facilitate decision-making.
3. Build and enhance risk detection models or toolings to strengthen enforcement and automation of trust and safety policies
4. Derive and drive quantitative projects from start to finish, including developing analytical frameworks, distilling actionable insights and working with XFN partners to drive business impact.
1. Working level competency in one or more programming languages including SQL, Python and R is required. Sound understanding of ML models and how they can be leveraged to act upon a range of content and safety risks.
2. Minimum 2+ years work experience in quantitative analysis with relevant degree / experience.
3. Experience working on consumer-facing products, with a keen sense of malicious and inappropriate activities that occur on social media.
4. Ability to solve problems using quantitative approaches and communicate complex concepts and analytical results to drive business impact.
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We believe individuals shouldn't be disadvantaged because of their background or identity, but instead should be considered based on their strengths and experience. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our recruitment process. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to us at email@example.com.