- The purpose of this Data Scientist is to provide complete application lifecycle development, deployment, and operations support for Big Data solutions and infrastructure.
- Postgraduate degree in a quantitative discipline e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Actuarial Science, Data Mining or related technical field) Master of Science in Information Systems or Relevant Qualification.
- Support large projects, and manage smaller projects in their entirety
- Partner with senior team members to assess customer needs and define business questions. Emerging ability to influence customers to take action on analytical insights.
- Identify, define and translate business needs/problems into analytical questions.
- Apply statistical and computational methodologies to provide actionable insights and identify opportunities that optimize quality, consumer experience, and healthcare costs.
- Assist with the development of scalable, efficient, and automated processes for large scale data analyses and model development, validation, and implementation.
- 2 years of experience in Analytics using R, Python, MATLAB, Spark, Big Data and Hadoop ecosystem tools
- Strong experience in Data Warehousing and ETL using Informatica Power Center
- Very good experience in analyzing the data and reporting it using data visualization tools such as Tableau, Cognos, MicroStrategy
Please visit our website www.communicate.co.za to submit your CV directly or to view other I.T related jobs. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your profile will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
We also invite you to contact us to discuss other exciting career opportunities in our niche area! For more information, please call Mandisa Xulu on 087 351 0713 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org