At Liberty Mutual, technology isn't just a part of our business, it's what drives us forward. We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as an Agile team within a Fortune 100 company, we are on the front edge of an IT transformation for how people work and deliver solutions.
The Corporate Functions Technology team is looking to hire a Data Analyst who will help to analyze and develop our understanding of our organizational and technical ecosystem. The Research and Analytics team is responsible for a mixture of qualitative and quantitative exploration and visualization in service of organizational goals. We work to connect industry trends and key indicators with our own systems and data to help provide objective inputs to teams and leaders as they seek to understand and improve their products and teams.Responsibilities:
- Participates in the analysis and development of logical data base designs, data models and relational data base definitions across multiple computing environments.
- Assists in data management deliverables such as business need analysis, data source identification and analysis and data modeling techniques.
- Participates in the analysis and resolution of issues related to information flow and content with data stakeholders.
- Develops technical expertise in data modeling directions, methodologies, techniques and tools to ensure development of logical and relational data base designs which meet the needs of the business customers.
- Supports and helps advance existing dashboarding efforts in PowerBI across Jira and technical data stores
- Performs new analyses either proactively or in concert with CFT partners to answer key questions at scale
- Participates in the evaluation of business requirements.
- Transforms client requests into data deliverables to include data models, data mappings and data transformation rules.
- Contributes to the development of project plans for data deliverables. Depicts moderately complex to complex ideas, issues and data designs to varied audiences.
- Contributes to the development of project plans and supports development team throughout project lifecycle including during test phase researches test issues and data content and assists with moderately complex problem resolution.
- Participates in the creation and implementation of new standards and procedures.
- Investigates components of new tools and techniques.
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
- Experience in PowerBI or similar business intelligence tool in visualization
- Experience combining dissimilar data sets to produce a unified result
- Passion for measurement and data exploration to produce new insights
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn Python and other analytical technologies
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it’s our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We’re dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.