Senior Data Engineering Advisor (Remote - RJ, SP, Hortolândia)
Data Science is all about breaking new ground to enable businesses to answer their most urgent questions. Pioneering massively parallel data-intensive analytic processing, our mission is to develop a whole new approach to generating meaning and value from petabyte-scale data sets and shape brand new methodologies, tools, statistical methods and models. What’s more, we are in collaboration with leading academics, industry experts and highly skilled engineers to equip our customers to generate sophisticated new insights from the biggest of big data.
Join us as a Senior Data Engineering Advisor on our Data Reliability Engineering team in Brazil to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Senior Data Engineering Advisor, you will be responsible for developing technical tools and programs to automate the data management process, integrating medium to large structured data sets. You will have the opportunity to partner with Data Scientists, Architects or Businesses to design strategic projects and improve complex processes.
- Own production applications ensuring stability and availability
- Drive data engineering projects to optimize processes, proactively monitoring and managing data design tenets ensuring data quality
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to build assigned solutions, ensuring optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data
- Provide mentorship to junior Engineers and support onboarding for these new Engineers
- Knowledge in key data engineering technologies, including Big Data Tools, Cloud Services, Object-Oriented or Object Function Scripting Languages
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Robust experience in Data Warehousing, BI and Big Data technologies with excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Good exposure in handling Class I and Class II applications with excellent domain knowledge.
- Good exposure to real time/near real time data flow architecture. Fluent English
- At least 6 years’ experience in Informatica and in any RDBMS (preferably TERADATA/GREENPLUM and good exposure on Oracle)
- Hands-on experience on data ingestion using Streamsets/Kafka, UNIX/Linux environment and shell scripting.
- Graduation/Post Graduation in Computer Eng/Application
- Some experience Leading peopple
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life - while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: November, 2021
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Estrutura de cargos: Remotos Graduados Engenharia
Job ID: R110474