Research Services Data Analyst – Research Administration - AdventHealth Orlando
Location Address: 601 E. Rollins St., Orlando, FL 32801
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
- serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time Day
You Will Be Responsible For:
The Research Services Data Analyst will play a vital role in support of research under the auspices of AdventHealth. The Data Analyst serves as primary liaison between Research Services, other research departments and customers, and AIT for database reporting, maintenance, and improvements. Works with Research Services management to develop and manage projects, build queries, reports, and dashboards, recommend technology, provide system training, and perform customer service duties as required. Analyzes data and improves process flows to further streamline operations. The Data Analyst actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.Qualifications
What You Will Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare, information technology, business administration, finance, accounting, statistics, informatics, data analytics or research-related field
- Customer service and support experience in database management and can take a leadership role in problem escalation and resolutions.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience with data analytics or information technology role in a business setting
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Master’s Degree in healthcare, information technology, business administration, finance, accounting, statistics, informatics, data analytics, or research-related field. More than three (3) years of experience in a data analytics or information technology role in research preferably in an academic or medical setting.
- Experience working with data visualization software (i.e. Power BI, Tableau)
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Demonstrates leadership and interest in exploring system and process improvements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative style necessary for interaction across departments.
- Understanding of relational databases and of Research Administration including, but not limited to, grant and clinical trial processes
- Comfort with development and manipulation of large data sets using queries and other methods to extract data.
- Ability to present quantitative data in a way that is easily understandable and compelling to diverse stakeholders.
- Good written communication skills including authoring scope documents, needs analyses, feasibility studies and performing system training as well as other related presentations. Demonstrated proficiency for correct spelling, grammar, tone, and syntax.
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior executive teams, operations teams, and other stakeholders to analyze, plan, develop and implement assigned initiatives and to use discretion when discussing research/personnel/patient related issues that are confidential in nature
- PC software skills experience and knowledge of other software packages running on other platforms
- Advanced in MS Excel and databases. Proficient in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, etc.), internet, and other research tools, and word-processing.
- Responsive to ever-changing matrix of AdventHealth Research Institute needs and acts accordingly. Strong organizational and time management skills in order to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Self-motivator, quick thinker.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Strong customer service skills; customer oriented; works independently or in teams, as situation requires.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
- Knowledge of AdventHealth policies and procedures related to research administration.
- Serves as departmental analyst and technical liaison with other departments to further process improvement, enhance automation and increase responsiveness within Research Services.
- Primary contact for Research Services on tracking and data analytics issues.
- Serves as primary liaison between Research Services, other research departments and customers, and AIT for database reporting, maintenance, and improvements.
- Perform data maintenance for data consistency and reliability.
- Works with management to develop and manage projects, build queries, reports, and dashboards, recommend technology, provide system training, and perform customer service duties as required.
- Extracts, aggregates and analyzes data and improves process flows to further streamline operations.
- Works with management and other departments on the selection, development and implementation of tracking tools and databases.
- Assists with special projects in research administration processes, as assigned.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.