We are looking for a Data Engineer Service Medior for our client in Brussels.
Your mission consists out of 100% Business work, while remaining aligned with the Technology World.
What you will be doing
- You contribute to improving the Data Governance methodology by providing feedback from the field.
- You work with a Business Purpose, while breathing Data, Organization & People, Processes, and Technology.
- You understand and analyze the Business needs.
- You participate in the Data Office Academy to assist the Data Community (i.e. Data Owners, Data Stewards, Business and IT teams) by leveraging training and on-the-job coaching.
- You ensure adoption, deployment and monitor proper execution of the Data Governance methodology and its best practices.
- You continuously review and ensure transversality of the Business Glossary that defines the common and universal language within teh company, by formalizing the Business definitions of data and their purpose.
- You manage expectations from, and intensely collaborate and align with, multi-disciplinary stakeholders, departments and project teams.
- You excel at bringing people with various backgrounds together to converge.
- You are the ambassador of One Team for the Customer.
- You always generate business value.
What you will NOT be doing
- You shall not act from an Ivory Tower.
- You shall not define Data Governance methodology but will influence its evolution by providing retrospective feedback from the field.
- You don’t not make decisions for the Business but rather advise them with careful logic or showing your reasoning.
- You don’t manage the data community, nor engineering, nor development teams.
- You don’t define the details of the solutions architecture, nor the technical architecture, nor will you implement technical solutions.
- You don’t develop systems.
As a candidate for this mission, you can demonstrate proven experience with similar projects, missions or employments, with skills that encompass:
- Master knowledge about and have an extensive experience of min. 4 years with these Data Management activities:
- Data Governance – Mandatory
- Data Quality Management – Mandatory
- Metadata Management – Mandatory
- Master Data Management – Mandatory
- Data Classification, Data Privacy, Data Security, CIA Measures – Optional
- Business Intelligence & Analytics – Optional
- Big data – Optional
- Data Modeling – Optional
- Data Integration & API – Optional
- Rapidly understand the Business as a Transmission System Operator and its underlying concepts. Previous experience related to the Business of “Utilities” or “Energy” and its underlying concepts is an asset.
- Excellent MS PowerPoint and presentation skills
As a candidate for this mission, you can demonstrate non-technical skills:
- Able to challenge your interlocutors by leveraging your rational thinking, and no non-sense philosophy.
- Continuously look at data in a transversal way (no siloes), across the entire Enterprise, to maximize coherence, reuse and adoption.
- Track record of driving results through continuous improvement
- Your communication skills allow you to facilitate workshops where you can act as a leader when necessary as well as coaching people on the job
- Adapt your speech according to the maturity level of the other participants, accordingly you are a really good communicator and communicate effectively with team members from different backgrounds (business users, IT project leaders …)
- Able to listen, decide, convince and create adoption.
- Able to switch easily from a hands-on attitude to a supportive attitude and willing to coach and support Team Members and Data Stewards.
- Analytical approach to problem-solving and a track record of driving results through continuous improvement
Team player breathing respect, open-mind, dare, challenge, innovation and one team for the Customer
- Product-oriented mindset
- Language skills: fluent in German AND fluent in English