What is the opportunity?
Entuitive would like to supplement its existing IT team in with a staff member interested in Data Science and Analytics. Entuitive is currently looking to hire a Junior Data Science Analyst to work out of our Toronto office and in support of company wide initiatives. In this role, the successful individual will play a key role in data analysis, collection, and visualization in support of a variety of stakeholders.
What will you do?
- Quickly develop an understanding of target businesses and value drivers
- Transform datasets from a variety of inputs to create an analytics data set that can be used to analyze, track and predict the performance of the company
- Automate the delivery of key operational and financial metrics
- Create tools to present this information on various platforms including mobile
- Develop static and interactive data visualizations of financial and operational data to communicate business insights to the management team, department leads, principals and staff
- Provide support in planning, data collection, data analysis, and presentations
- Complete statistical modelling and computations to provide analytical solutions for the company’s business problems
- Work with large amounts of granular data, from structured and unstructured data sources
- Develop methods for automated data collection and storage
- Participate in various structured and ad-hoc analysis projects
What do you need to succeed?
- BA/BSc graduate in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or related field is preferred
- 1-2 Years of experience in a data analysis role
- Strong financial and business acumen
- Experience with Power BI, Tableau or other BI tools
- Experience with statistical analytical techniques, data mining, or predictive models an asset
- Experience using SQL to extract data from relational database systems SQL and MySQL
- Experience using Python and/or R to transform data and perform analytics
- Experience with other data preparation / transformation tools such as PowerQuery, Advanced Excel, VBA, or Alteryx/KNIME an asset
- Ability to work with data with significant ambiguity and develop creative approaches to analytical problems
- Enthusiastic about solving complex problems with a variety of analytical tools
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Entuitive is a consulting engineering practice with a vision of bringing together engineering and intuition to enhance building performance. Founded in 2011 and backed by decades of experience, we’re taking design performance to new heights through our collaboration with clients in North America and internationally including architects, developers, building owners and managers and construction professionals.
Our practice encompasses structural, building envelope, restoration, and special projects consulting. We earn our reputation by applying our ingenuity and use of leading-edge technology, including BIM, in a wide variety of sectors, including: commercial, sports and recreation, institutional, cultural, residential, retail, healthcare, transportation and hospitality.
Our core purpose is to realize our potential for the fulfillment of our people, our clients and our communities. We strive to build a better world by being creative, collaborative, and advanced. We are Entuitive.
Entuitive is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and clients feel valued, respected, and supported.