At Netflix, our mission is to entertain the world. With 200+ million paid members in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries, and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages, Netflix is reinventing entertainment from end to end. We are revolutionizing how shows and movies are produced, pushing technological boundaries to efficiently deliver streaming video at a massive scale over the internet, and continuously improving and personalizing how content is presented around the globe.
We are seeking Sr Data Scientists for a range of teams within Data Science and Engineering. From owning experimentation within the Open Connect network, building sophisticated tools on a world-class experimentation platform to provide seamless quality of experience, driving Growth and Membership of Netflix Platform, to unlocking the power of data in highly creative editorial creative space, evaluating the performance and optimizing personalization algorithms to deliver recommendations or building sophisticated experimentation tools - we have a few areas within which we are seeking Data Scientists driven by curiosity and passionate about working with a range of stakeholders.
As a Data Scientist, you will be partnering with a diverse range of cross-functional business partners to uncover new opportunities, design, execute, and analyze experiments, and deliver solutions that have a significant business impact and implications for our users. You will help drive innovations through effective identification and application of analytics, causal inference, experimentation, and machine learning. This is a high-impact role in which you will have a direct influence on how product decisions are made.
In this role, you will:
- Effectively identify and apply analytics, causal inference, experimentation, and machine learning techniques for given business problems
- Lead the design, analysis, and interpretation of experiments Proactively perform data exploration on engagement behaviors to discover future opportunities
- Identify, compute and validate the appropriate metrics to measure success in a product area
- Cultivate strong partnerships with cross-functional stakeholders from product, engineering, operations, design, consumer research, etc.
- Present your research and insights to all levels of the company
We are looking for:
- Advanced degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Economics or related quantitative field
- 5+ years relevant experience with large scale data
- Strong statistical knowledge and intuition - ideally utilized in experimentation or other product analytics settings
- Strong product knowledge and intuition - ideally utilized in consumer/ or user interface settings or internally serving technical audiences such as engineers.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and drive product change across a variety of stakeholders
- Strong SQL skills
- Strong Quantitative Programming skills in Python or R
- Ability to work independently and drive your own projects
- Ability to communicate technical and statistical concepts clearly and concisely among audiences at many different levels.
- Embodies the Netflix values while bringing a new perspective to continue improving our culture
- Plus: Experience in building real-world machine learning models with demonstrated impact
- Plus: Experience creating data products and dashboards such as Tableau
- Plus: Experience in building causal inference solutions
- Plus: Familiarity with software engineering practice and working with APIs
Curious to learn more? This blog post describes the role of experimentation at Netflix.