Hybrid work schedule - Toronto office (please note that this position can also be filled in any of our offices across Canada)
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP is currently seeking a Data Analyst who will be focused on Data Quality and Governance. Reporting to the Master Data Management Lead, this position provides analytical expertise to support the implementation of a Data Governance Framework. The main purpose of this position is to perform in-depth data analysis, profiling and reporting to increase the quality of our data through our enterprise data governance program.
The Data Governance and Quality team is focused on implementing Data Governance through the formalization of roles and responsibilities related to data quality, utilizing a data quality management tool to manage and improve data health.
The role will support the implementation of Data Governance throughout the firm, focused primarily on improving data quality, creating reports and dashboards to highlight areas of focus and progress. The role will participate in data governance working groups to document data quality standards and other data management artifacts.
The role will utilize data quality management software to manage data quality standards and rules to profile data and create ongoing monitoring projects to improve data quality. The role will create data health reports for key stakeholders using various tools to manage data quality and governance.
Here is what we can offer you:
You will be focusing on:
- Prepare data quality analysis (matters, files, clients, rates, etc) through the collection, consolidation, data mining, and create reports and dashboards to communicate results
- Collect information from various sources, organize and analyze complex sets of information to interpret patterns and trends
- Perform data quality management activities to support Data Governance within NRFC
- Participate in data governance working groups and activities to improve data quality by utilizing data quality standards to perform data profiling and identifying issues for resolution
- Develop KPIs and methods to measure, monitor, report and audit data quality
- Support the development of data management artifacts (data integration maps, standardized definitions, business glossary, etc)
- Attend data governance working groups, assist and provide guidance on documenting data quality standards for critical data
- Enter identified business data quality standards and rules for critical data in data quality management software and profile critical data to obtain current health of the data
- Facilitate the scanning and categorization of data create and maintain data integration maps and related data governance documentation
- Prepare data health reports to visualize improvement and progress for data stakeholders
- Participate and support the business with the creation of data quality plans to improve data health
- Suggest improvements for managing data quality based on analysis
- Participate in creating data related documentation for training and quality purposes
- Perform complex data analysis utilizing data from various sources to identify issues and trends
- Perform data cleansing activities requiring manual data mapping / aggregation and tracking
- Perform ad hoc data analysis and reporting
- Other activities as required
What you bring to the role:
- Superior written communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact with individuals throughout all levels of the organization
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, business, data management, data analytics or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven experience in the field of data analysis, BI reporting, or data QA capacity
- Strong understanding of and/or experience in data governance and data management
- Strong analytical and technical ability to utilize systems and tools (Power BI, Tableau, SQL)
- Strong understanding of ETL techniques, data quality lifecycle, relational databases and how to test and deploy solutions
- Demonstrated ability to be detail and quality oriented with a data quality process-oriented mindset
- Superior organizational skills, results oriented with ability to manage deadlines and balance priorities
- Team player, self-starter with ability to work independently and multitasker who can quickly adjust priorities
- Experience using data management / quality tools (Collibra, Informatica, Ataccama, etc) preferred
- Experience developing KPI's and data quality improvement techniques
- Experience manipulating large amounts of information efficiently to produce reports, dashboards, etc
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, OneNote, etc)
Why join our team:
- Hybrid work environment
- Retirement savings plan with employer contribution
- Benefit premiums paid by the firm
- Telemedicine services
- Wellness matters: Flexible health and wellness allowance that covers much more than gym memberships!
- Training and development programs based on your interests and needs
Ready to join a proactive and modern firm that provides an exceptional career experience in an inclusive and collaborative environment? Come join us!
As a global law firm, we embrace a culture of excellence and working hard, but always with a focus on flexibility, respect, diversity and openness. We strive to create an equitable, inclusive environment where everyone can bring their whole self to work and realize their career potential.
To find out more about how we integrate diversity, equity and inclusion in everything we do please click https://www.nortonrosefulbright.com/en-ca/about/diversity-equity-and-inclusion .
If you are unable to apply for a position online or require any reasonable adjustments during the recruiting process, please contact TORHR_RH@nortonrosefulbright.com to further discuss your needs.
Please note that applicants who receive an employment offer may be required during their employment with Norton Rose Fulbright to provide proof of vaccinations recommended from time to time by government or public health authorities. Norton Rose Fulbright has a duty to accommodate those who are unable to get vaccinated due to protected grounds. For applicants who require an accommodation, please contact TORHR_RH@nortonrosefulbright.com to discuss further.
We thank all candidates for their applications, but please note that we will be contacting only those whom we invite for an interview.
Law around the world