Entry Data Scientist
Who we are
At ELEVATE, we offer a unique and impactful career journey designed to empower our teams to influence change. Join our team for a truly international experience. With 24+ offices globally (and still growing), you will have exposure to real issues that span the globe. Fasten your seatbelt for an energetic and dynamic experience where you will become immersed in ELEVATE intelligence, or EiQ. EiQ is a unique and comprehensive suite of supply chain analytics designed to engage investors, brands, suppliers, factories, and workers. It harnesses one of the best audit datasets in the industry and couples it with risk analytics by country, region and sector leveraging bottom-up worker insight. Our associates reach across 100 countries and can thus support immediate decisions and enable program effectiveness improvements to increase impact and allow for lasting transformation.
Job overview at a glance
We are looking for a fresh graduate or an early career data scientist that wants to join a dynamic, fast-pace and demanding team to deliver high-quality and innovative products.
The ideal candidate is passionate about applying data and analytics techniques to solve real world problems in supply chain sustainability. The ideal candidate has a creative approach to problems and tasks, detail-oriented, and goes the extra mile to deliver high-quality work. Most of all, the ideal candidate is a curious mind, gregarious and dedicated to improving the lives of workers in global supply chains.
This is a Data Scientist position. Candidates with no experience but with the right credentials/references will be considered for Junior Data Scientist position. Ideally, the candidate will be based in Hong Kong or London, but we are open to remote working arrangements in our other global cities.
- Gather, clean and analyse internal and external datasets to identify supply chain and sustainability trends and insights in key geographies.
- Support the development of machine leaning / AI pipeline that is applicable to ESG sector
- Work closely with cross-function teams to achieve end-to-end data driven solutions.
- Data visualization using different reporting software i.e. Tableau, Power BI.
- Develop regular supply chain risk reports and thought leadership outputs on sustainability and supply chain risk.
- Research and test machine-learning and theoretical data models related to major risk areas in key industries, supply chains, markets and geographies.
- Enhance accuracy and scalability potential of the current product offering.
- Ideate and design the evolution of analytical products or services leveraging access to internal or external data.
- Deliver outputs and presentations to clients.
- Degree in Computer Science, Business and Economics, Statistics or Engineering preferred.
- Strong skills in Python (preferred) or R.
- Solid understanding and experience in using statistical models and machine learning algorithms such as Forecasting, Classification, Clustering, and Optimization algorithms.
- Solid understanding of statistical concepts such as sampling, power calculation and causality.
- Knowledge of GCP or AWS platforms
- Data visualization tools such as Tableau and PowerBI are preferred. Critical thinker, proactive and positive attitude, team player and solutions driven.
- Excellent written, verbal, and cross communication skills (English); attention to detail and keen ability to monitor, analyze, and manage data to meet client expectations and goals.
- Interest in sustainability and working on impactful data-driven solutions.
- Previous experience in supply chain / sustainability / social compliance preferred but not mandatory.
- Ability to work in a time critical environment and to meet deadlines.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ELEVATE is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by local law. Personal data provided by applicants will be treated as confidential information and will be used exclusively for employment purposes only. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Applicants who are not invited for an interview may consider their applications filed for future reference.
To learn more about career opportunities at ELEVATE, please visit our Careers Page here: https://www.elevatelimited.com/careers/
Updated: August 2022