- 6 month contract with 2x 6 month options
- R Python SQL and Power BI
- Ability to obtain security clearance
The Business Digital Engagement Branch manages the business.gov.au (BGA) Website and Contact Centre to provide easy access to the whole of government information on business compliance and government support for business. The Analytics and Reporting Team undertakes analytic and data-related projects to inform policy and support the BGA Website and Contact Centre. Key Duties The successful candidate will undertake analysis of numeric and text data and projects to support decisions, policy and the delivery of the BGA Website and Contact Centre, including (but not limited to):
- data science, statistical and machine learning projects, using R, Python, SQL and Power BI or other similar tools
- developing well written and easy to understand presentations and reports
- documenting findings, methodologies and data requirements in simple language
- taking initiative and contributing ideas for analyses, projects
- maintaining productive relationships with stakeholders and within the team
- qualitative and statistical research
- ad hoc analyses in Microsoft Excel
- being able to provide quality work within tight timeframes
- contributing to project planning activities
- Candidates should have a bachelor degree or higher in statistics or with a statistics-related components (economics, psychology, engineering etc.). A credit average or higher is highly desirable.
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience in data analytics and communicating findings to a diverse audience.
- The successful candidate will have sound written and verbal communication skills.
- The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate being able to maintain productive relationships.
- Experience in a call centre, social media and/or website analytics will be highly regarded.
- Experience in Python, R, Jupyter Notebooks, SQL is very highly regarded. An ability to quickly learn techniques and technologies is also very highly regarded.
- The Analytics and Reporting Team welcomes applications from people with diverse backgrounds.
MCS Consulting has been a trusted Recruitment advocate for over 25 years to many companies in high value Manufacturing, Finance, R&D, IT&T and Government.
We have an effective personal and honest approach that really makes the difference.
Rob Sebastian ; 9481 8888 job RS-IISDATABU. MCS
Please send your resume ASAPA WORD CV IS ESSENTIAL !
A Suburb/Address helps us locate you for roles close to home and often unlocks those hidden jobs.
We are more than happy to discuss career aspirations.
At MCS we are here to help, not just recruit