We are trusted advisers enabling Ford to see our business, know our customers and act in a meaningful way. We drive evidence-based decision making by providing timely, actionable and forward-looking insights to our One Ford business partners.
The Strategy & Enterprise Analytics team within Global Data Insights and Analytics (GDI&A) supports analytical solutions and insights across the enterprise in areas like Finance, Office of General Counsel, General Auditors Office, Human Resources and others. The Data Scientist discovers and curates new and existing data sources to create insights for the business. This is an exciting opportunity to utilize the latest tools and methods in Statistics, Big Data, and Data Science to solve a variety of business problems.
The role spans the full project lifecycle from analytic problem definition, through data gathering, analysis, model development, reporting/visualization development, testing, and operational deployment.
- Acquire deep understanding of the business problems and translate them into appropriate business solutions
- Drive development and delivery of analytic and statistical models using skills such as data acquisition and management, algorithm design, and model development & refinement
- Ensure overall quality of the data & solutions throughout the analytic development process
- Interpret results and communicate insights to technical and non-technical audiences including executive leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics
- 1+ years of experience in mathematical programming, data mining, and/or statistical analysis
- 1+ years of experience with one or more of the following tools: Data Gathering skills/tools (e.g. SQL, Hadoop, Teradata, SAS, Business Objects, Alteryx, etc.) and/or Visualization skills/tools (e.g. Qlikview, Tableau, WebFocus, etc.)
- 1+ years of experience collaborating with business to develop strategies and innovations to solve complex business problems
- Master's degree in Statistics, Economics, Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics
- 3+ years of experience in statistical or mathematical modeling
- 6+ months of experience in Accounting or Finance
- Large scale data manipulation and mining/pattern recognition experience
- Developed and implemented Machine Learning models
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong problem formulation and problem solving skills
- Experience communicating findings to make data analysis actionable and understandable by business partners
- Ability to take complex problems and break them down to create and implement an action plan
- Strong understanding of analysis and computational complexity and ability to programmatically solve problems
- Strong capabilities at designing visual interface for data interaction
Join our team as we create tomorrow! We believe in putting people first, working together, and facing challenges head-on, because we’re Built Ford Tough. We’re one team striving to make people’s lives better while creating value, delivering excellence and ultimately going for the win.
Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.