Working at Stella McCartney is a truly rewarding experience. As a luxury fashion company with a strong ethical standpoint we are leaders and innovators in our industry.
Reporting to the Ecommerce Director, The E Commerce Data Scientist supports the wider E-Commerce team to deliver accurate reporting and actionable insights across many areas of the business, including E-Commerce sales, customer behavioural data and performance marketing.
This role requires a self-starter with a can-do attitude to setting up process, drive a test and learn culture and someone who can be an ambassador of data and insight driven decision making within the team. The role will involve turning data from multiple sources into valuable insights, enabling key stakeholder to make informed, data-led decisions.
- Where needed, facilitate the work groups to drive improvements to data quality, processes and procedures related to e-commerce
- Monitor data quality and data integrity
- Define data standards and business rules to ensure data reliability and monitor its implementation
- Collect and combine data from multiple sources
- Provide recommendations on how to manage the data
- Identify ways to improve analytical procedures to improve agility and efficiency through the automation of reports
- Act as a mediator between e-commerce team and IT team.
Analytics And Insight Delivery
- Extract, manipulate and interpret information available to support the business decision making process
- Convert business problems into hypothesises and test them using different approaches: statistical analysis, machine learning methods
- Deliver forecasts and measure the outcome and provide recommendations to relevant stakeholders
- To be familiar with such techniques as customer segmentation, basket analysis, A/B testing, recommendation systems
- Create compelling and effective analytical reports and dashboards that help track performance and support decision-making
- Drive a test and learn culture, being an ambassador of data and insight driven decision making.
- Measure performance and contribution of conversion optimization efforts, different formats of content and marketing campaigns to maximize traffic and engagement.
- Ability to work in collaboration with others: understanding, while respecting and leveraging different perspectives and objectives to ensure holistic approach of solving problems
- Ability to share results in a clear and easy-to-understand form
- To inform about potential risks of decision to be made and possible alternatives based on data
- Proactive attitude in sharing key insights and trends on regular basis with stakeholders
- Value-led prioritization and ensuring excellence
- Ability to manage and deal with change of circumstances
- Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science or a related field. The equivalent in a related work experience for several years and self-study will be considered.
- Experience with analysing large-scale datasets, identifying insights, trends and opportunities.
- A natural problem solver with the ability to dissect complex business problems and find innovative ways to deliver a solution.
- A strong communicator, simplifying complex data into compelling and insightful stories.
- Experience presenting insights and recommendations in a structured and clear way using data storytelling and visualisation tools.
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Team player who is proactive, thorough, detail-oriented and organised
Systems And Essentials
- Knowledge of SQL and programming languages (Python, R or similar).
- Knowledge of statistics and machine learning techniques.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Looker, , Qlik.
- Strong experience using digital analytics tools such as Google Analytics.
- Proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint.
Our philosophy is to go beyond monetary return and consider ourselves responsible for your wellbeing, your family, your health, your time and the community.
- Up to 50% discount on Stella McCartney products
- Exclusive staff sales and sample sales - Including other LVMH brands
- Matched pension contribution up to 6%
- Extensive private medical and critical illness insurance, as well as life assurance
- Annual Health Screening
- Annual Leave Shop where employees can buy or sell annual leave
- Flexible working/core hours
- Enchanced Maternity/paternity packages
- Matched Give as You Earn charity scheme
- Fitness membership (Classpass credits)
- Volunteer and Birthday leave
- Health cash plan
- Financial wellbeing program
- Physical and Mental Wellbeing Support Services
- Employee referral bonus
Optional/ Paid Benefits
Season ticket loan, cycle to work and tech schemes, travel and dental insurance and much more.
We welcome people with disabilities and endeavour to make reasonable adjustments, if you do require such adjustments please let us know within 48 hours of your interview.
At Stella McCartney, we like to be bold. For us this means challenging ourselves and the wider industry in which we operate. As part of our commitments to inclusive fashion, we have an ambitious strategy to put diversity, equity and inclusion at the centre of everything we do. Our starting point is to create a workplace where different voices are respected, heard and empowered in equal measure regardless of factors such as culture and backgrounds, and to influence and disrupt fashion and other industries by providing opportunities for global diverse talent to shine.