Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
What You’ll Do
As part of our Enterprise Data Management team, you’ll:
- Develop data-driven solutions with current and next generation technologies to meet evolving business needs.
- Provide technical design and develop Extract/Transform/Load (ETL) applications that interface with all key Discover applications.
How You’ll Do It
- Design and develop data-ingestion frameworks, real-time processing solutions, and data processing and transformation frameworks.
- Deploy and provide support for application codes and analytical models.
- Provide senior-level technical consulting to peer data engineers during design and development for highly complex and critical data projects.
- Create and enhance data solutions that enable seamless integration and flow of data across the data ecosystem.
- Provide business analysis and develop ETL code and scripting to meet all technical specifications and business requirements according to the established designs.
- Develop real-time data ingestion and stream-analytic solutions leveraging technologies such as Kafka, Apache Spark, Python and AWS-based solutions.
- Work extensively within the Cloud ecosystem and migrate data from Teradata to AWS-based platform.
- Utilize multiple development languages/tools such as Python, SPARK, Hive, Java to build prototypes and evaluate results for effectiveness and feasibility.
- Develop application systems that comply with the standard system development methodology and concepts for design, programming, backup, and recovery to deliver solutions that have superior performance and integrity.
- Contribute to determining programming approach, tools, and techniques that best meet the business requirements.
- Provide subject matter expertise in the analysis, preparation of specifications and plans for the development of data processes.
- Offer system support as part of a support rotation with other team members.
- Operationalize open source data-analytic tools for enterprise use.
- Ensure data governance policies are followed by implementing or validating data lineage, quality checks, and data classification.
- Understand and follow the company development lifecycle to develop, deploy and deliver the solutions.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in data platform administration/engineering
Bonus Points If You Have
- 6+ years of experience in data platform administration/engineering
- Knowledge and experience using query languages (SQL, Cypher) for relational and graph databases
- Willingness to continuously learn & share learnings with others
- Capability to collaborate with stakeholders and project leaders to understand requirements, deliverables, and set expectations on tasks that you will be responsible for
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Experience working in an agile and collaborative team environment
- Design and develop AtScale models based on data modeling of business requirements and entities
- Great understanding of OLAP and dimensional modeling
- Working knowledge in building multi-dimensional cubes, creating dimensions, facts, measures etc
- Proficient in MDX and DAX
- Experience with one or more of the following OLAP tools Microsoft SSAS, MicroStrategy, IBM Cognos etc
- Experience with one or more of the following BI tools Tableau, PowerBI etc
- Experience in solution delivery roles for business intelligence and data analytics
- Experience in working with cloud databases and architectures such as Snowflake, AWS or Azure is a nice to
The base pay for this position generally ranges between $84,500.00 to $142,500.00. Additional incentives may be provided as part of a market competitive total compensation package. Factors, such as but not limited to, geographical location, relevant experience, education, and skill level may impact the pay for this position.
We also offer a range of benefits and programs based on eligibility. These benefits include:
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) Plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision, & Health Savings Account
- STD, Life, LTD and AD&D
- Recognition Program
- Education Assistance
- Commuter Benefits
- Family Support Programs
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Learn more at MyDiscoverBenefits.com.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
All Discover employees place our customers at the very center of our work. To deliver on our promises to our customers, each of us contribute every day to a culture that values compliance and risk management.
Discover is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Discover is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other legally protected status. (Know Your Rights)