At Getinge we have the passion to perform
Join our diverse teams of passionate people and a career that allows you to develop both personally and professionally. At Getinge, our passion is to secure that every person and community have access to the best possible care, offering hospitals and life science institutions products and solutions that aim to improve clinical results and optimize workflows. Every day we collaborate to make a true difference for our customers – and to save more lives.
Are you looking for an inspiring career? You just found it.Job Overview
The Data Engineering Intern will be an integral part of the Digital Technology Services (DTS) team, focusing on building and maintaining data pipelines for our Azure-based Cloud Data Platform. The intern will work closely with associate Data Engineers to ensure data quality and secure data ingestion from various source systems.
The intern will report to the Manager of Data Engineering and collaborate with Lead Data Engineers as well as offshore implementation partners.
The working hours per week will be 20-40 hours, hours per week can be determined on candidate availability & experience level.
The internship is remote with the ability to work virtually and participate in meetings and collaborative discussions virtually.Job Responsibilities And Essential Duties
- Data Ingestion and Pipeline Building, this requires knowledge in Azure services like Synapse, ADLS, and DataBricks as well as experience with SQL and Python (or another OOP language) to develop, build, and maintain data pipelines.
- Data Quality Assurance, this requires the use of data profiling tools and writing SQL queries to ensure the quality, integrity, and reliability of ingested data.
- Collaborative Planning and Agile Methodology, this requires active participation in planning meetings, sprint reviews, and daily stand-ups, as well as an understanding of agile methodologies to contribute to sprint goals and tasks.
- Documentation and Reporting, this requires creating clear, concise documentation for data models, data dictionaries, and also maintaining progress reports to ensure tasks are completed as per the timelines.
- Currently enrolled in a Computer Science, Data Science, or related STEM program
- Familiarity with SQL and at least one Object-Oriented Programming language
- Participation in extracurriculars, such as Hackathon, Coding or Math Competition, prior relevant internship experience, or demonstrated project completion
- Understanding of SQL and cloud platforms (Azure preferred, GCP/AWS acceptable)
- Python, C++, or other OOP language
- Strong communication skills and a commitment to collaborative problem solving and teamwork
- Ability to manage workload and priorities by escalating as required
Getinge is on an exciting transformation journey constantly looking for new ways to innovate together with our customers to meet the healthcare challenges of the future. Our passionate people hold our brand promise ‘Passion for Life’ close to heart.
If you share our passion and believe that saving lives is the greatest job in the world, then we look forward to receiving your application and resume. We hope you will join us on our journey to become the world’s most respected and trusted MedTec company.Benefits At Getinge
At Getinge, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, which includes:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance benefits
- 401k plan with company match
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness initiative & Health Assistance Resources
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Benefits
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Benefits
- Parental and Caregiver Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
Getinge is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.