Join the Financial Crime and Fraud Data team leveraging the latest emerging technology trends and proven patterns to enable anti-money laundering and fraud prevention. In Banking and Financial Services we leverage technology stacks on AWS and GCP cloud to deliver data engineering capabilities including big data, machine learning and graph analytics.
At Macquarie, we are working to create lasting value for our communities, our clients and our people. We are a global financial services group operating in 34 markets and with 54 years of unbroken profitability. You’ll be part of a supportive team where everyone - no matter what role - contributes ideas and drive outcomes.What role will you play?
As a Lead Data Engineer in financial crime and fraud data, you will be delivering financial crime and fraud use-cases through enterprise scale data platforms. You will work in a DevOps environment where you will have end-to-end accountability for designing, developing, deploying, and supporting your data assets as well as creating templates and implementation methods, standards and frameworks.
You will utilise your excellent domain knowledge in some or all areas of financial crime and fraud, including transaction monitoring, customer name screening, customer due diligence and ongoing customer due diligence.What You Offer
- Experience in solution architecture and high-level design with an ability to present options and drill down to low level designs, recommendations, estimation and technical planning
- Data architecture and modelling experience including 3NF models, star schemas, data vault, data governance, data lineage and data quality
- In-depth experience in designing and tuning complex data pipelines with Apache Spark
- Strong exposure to query engines like Hive, Presto; big data storage formats (such as Parquet, ORC, Avro), Bamboo/Ansible (or other CICD tools) and data pipeline orchestration tools preferably Airflow
- Cloud Experience on AWS and\or GCP
- Strong and proven hands-on experience in implementing data integration tools (such as Talend, DataStage or Informatica)
- Ability to lead a team of engineers to deliver business features independently
- Persuasive communication, influencing and stakeholder management skills.
We love hearing from anyone inspired to build a better future with us, if you're excited about the role or working at Macquarie we encourage you to apply.Benefits
About The Corporate Operations Group
- Hybrid and flexible working arrangements
- Wellbeing and service bonus leave
- Up to 20 weeks paid parental leave as well as benefits to support you as you transition to life as a working parent
- Paid volunteer leave and donation matching
- Range of benefits to support your physical, psychological and financial wellbeing
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Corporate Strategy & Solutions, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable environment enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.About Macquarie
A career at Macquarie means you’ll have the opportunity to develop new skills, explore interesting fields and do challenging work that will impact the lives of people around the world—whether it’s accelerating the green energy transition, helping sustain global food supplies, financing social housing projects or investing in essential infrastructure. At Macquarie, we’re empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future.
Macquarie is a global financial group providing clients with asset management, retail and business banking, wealth management, leasing and asset financing, market access, commodity trading, renewables development, specialist advisory, capital raising and principal investment.
Find out more at www.macquarie.com/careersJob no:
Permanent - Full timeLocation:
Data & Analytics, TechnologyGroup:
Corporate Operations GroupDivision:
Patrick LockingtonOpening Date: