What You'll Do
We are looking for a passionate and hands-on Data Scientist to join us on the sprint that takes us from prototype to Product. You will be an integral part of the Compass team, joining us at the earliest stage of the journey and responsible for designing, developing and testing new features for a data insight platform that will be part of Cisco Customer Experience product offering. The right candidate thrives in dynamic environments and can be counted on when the going gets tough. The ideal candidate is also a great communicator with terrific follow-through who can optimize on workflow and/or document changes concisely. Specific responsibilities are as following: .
- Design cutting edge data models and algorithms based on statistical or AI/ML technology
- Implement prototype and product grade code for cutting-edge data analytics and insights
- Validation and test of the solution with highest standard.
- Define solutions, provide estimates on effort and risk, and evaluate technical feasibility
- Assessment of the maturity and prevalence of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning technologies in industry for use in scalable and resilient authentication solution
- Acquire and integrate data from various data sources (cloud, databases Hadoop, sensors, weblogs and social)
- Process and analyze huge sets of data in Snowflake and other sources, e.g. through API (both structured and unstructured)
- Perform impact assessment and deep dive analysis to ensure data integrity, usability and completeness
- Perform data discovery, integration and identify / fix data quality issues
Who You’ll Work With
Cisco is hiring a data scientist to accelerate predictive modeling and analytics in the CX Engineering and Platform Incubation Organization. We're in the midst of an exciting time breaking down silos across the company and using data to transform the organization. The vision for the team is to design the best in class customer health metric with a layered suite of predictive & prescriptive analytics to automate how people digest and act on the information.
Who You Are
- BS in Data Science, Information Technology or similar
- 3+ years hands on experience in data science area
- Proficiency in statistics, data mining, and predictive modeling
- Experience in data visualization tools, e.g. Tableau
- Experience developing and deploying deep learning algorithms
- Experience with a variety of machine learning techniques
- Excited to tackle difficult research questions
- Experienced in Python or similar and C++ or similar
- Programming proficiency in REST APIs and statistical packages, e.g. R
- Team player with positive can-do attitude, energetic and proactive
- Graduate degree (MS, Ph.D.) in Data Science, Information Technology or similar
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Good understanding Database design and data modeling concepts
- Hands-on experience Snowflake, Spark, Python, GCP (BigQuery)
- Real world experience with system integration and deployment
- Experienced in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence technics
Why CiscoWe connect everything:
people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco