If you’re passionate about building a better future for individuals, communities, and our country—and you’re committed to working hard to play your part in building that future—consider WGU as the next step in your career.
Driven by a mission to expand access to higher education through online, competency-based degree programs, WGU is also committed to being a great place to work for a diverse workforce of student-focused professionals. The university has pioneered a new way to learn in the 21st century, one that has received praise from academic, industry, government, and media leaders. Whatever your role, working for WGU gives you a part to play in helping students graduate, creating a better tomorrow for themselves and their families.
The Sr. Marketing Data Analyst is an experienced digital analyst with the ability to deliver insights and analysis supporting a fast-paced, high-growth marketing department. This individual is data-driven and understands the importance of both data-enablement across a broader team and data-governance. They have a high level of comfort with digital data and story-telling with data.
This individual has the primary responsible of understanding how prospective WGU students interact with WGU sites. Data analysis supports improved conversion, identification of opportunities, and guidance around priorities and user experience.
The Sr. Marketing Data Analyst will be an integral part of the Marketing Analytics Team, working to cross-train other analysts in digital marketing and supporting other marketing analysts. They m ust be willing to help train and mentor business users on how to use digital analytics tools like Adobe Analytics, Adobe Audience Manager, and Hotjar.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
· Adobe Analytics research, reporting and analysis: create recurring reports, dashboards, alerts; identify trends, opportunities, and challenges
· Adobe Analytics support and training: train and support marketing team members on reporting and analysis using Adobe Analytics
· Adobe Analytics special projects: support long-term projects that enhance and facilitate Adobe Analytics improvements such as easier data extraction, new report capabilities, deeper insights, and integrations between Adobe Analytics and other data sources.
· Adobe Audience Manager data governance: Collaborate with marketing execution teams to utilize traits and segments to create audiences for targeted activation via Adobe’s Audience Manager solution.
· Uncover root causes and distill complex information into clear findings and recommendations.
· Make data-driven recommendations to senior management on ways to improve the website experience for prospective students
· Develop effective and persuasive presentations (verbal and written) for project teams and business leaders, including senior management.
· Convert business questions into analytics projects, create solutions to tracking needs.
· Create analytics requirements synthesized from multiple sources including product managers, development teams, and functional group members.
· Collaborate with Digital Analytics Engineer on coordinating tags, tracking parameter implementations, and audience manager traits.
· Document existing processes and recommend improvements to these processes.
· Data consolidation and validation.
· Assist with A/B testing, from hypothesis validation to post-test analysis.
· Experience in data analysis and storytelling; skilled at creating and presenting insight from data.
· Experience distilling complex analysis to key findings and recommendations.
· Experience utilizing data to understand root-causes, trends, and opportunities (2+ years).
· Experience creating reports, analysis and insights to support marketing operations and strategy (2+ years).
· Experience defining and scoping quantitative analysis with a variety of stakeholders (2+ years).
· Experience with Adobe Analytics analysis, administration, and reporting (2+ years)
· Experience with marketing and advertising specific data sets including online marketing data and web analytics (2+ years).
· B.A or B.S in marketing, management, business, or related field
· Experience with Adobe Audience Manager, Marketo, Tag Management and auditing solutions (not required but a plus)
· Knowledge of SEM (Search Engine Marketing) / SEO (Search Engine Optimization) concepts is a plus
· Experience working with Enterprise Data Warehouses and SQL (Apache SparkSQL and Databricks preferred)
· Experience with reporting and visualization tools (Tableau, Cognos, etc.)
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU recognizes that our strength lies in our people. We are committed to diversity.