What we offer
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
We are looking for highly motivated and customer-focused individual to build Advanced Analytics and Data Science capabilities within Presales.
In the context of Digital Transformation, customers are looking at unlocking value from extensive amounts of data generated by business applications, things & social interactions. SAP has the unique ability to partner with customers in this journey with the capabilities of the Data Management Platform powered by SAP HANA. The role of Advanced Analytics Expert and Data Scientist to co-innovate with customers in Asia Pacific & Japan in generating insights through their data using SAP Data Management Platform, architecting target solutions, and creating a roadmap.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
This is a customer facing role & you will support the Market Units in APJ in driving the sales process by architecting big data solutions, creating insights based on large amounts of customer data using Advanced Analytics tools like SAP HANA, SAP Business Technology Platform, SAP Data Intelligence or SAP Analytics Cloud, partly combining industry-relevant ML/AI frameworks and creating a long-term roadmap for the customer
- Understand the requirements by working with customers or Presales Specialists in the Market Units
- Work collaboratively to architect and implement data-science solutions, mapping the data processing flow from raw data or data stores, to identifying optimal data analytics approaches, to data visualization and working with users to optimize the user experience
- Support and coach developers who are involved in the project
- Presentation of solutions, architecture and roadmap to customers and help the account team to progress the deal
- Thought leadership on technology and ideation and creation of futuristic applications & reference architectures
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor or master’s degree in computer science
- Hands on experience in developing innovative applications using modern technology platforms and cloud infrastructures such as AWS, Azure, or SAP Cloud Platform
- Programming expertise in Python and or R. Other languages a clear bonus.
- Data modeling in both SQL & NoSQL Databases
- Preferably programming experience in HANA XSA using the various capabilities like graph engine, text search, predictive etc.
- Exposure to machine learning frameworks (TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras, scikit-learn)
- Degree in Statistics, applied mathematics or operations research background is preferable
- Very high proficiency in customer communications, presentations and demonstration is required.
- Ability and willingness to undertake customer related travel on short notice.
- Fluency in English is a must, any other language an asset.
- Several years of hands-on design, development, deployment in the context of data science projects.
We are SAP
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
Our inclusion promise
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.