The role of Decision Analyst aims to deliver effective, robust and scalable solutions to business problems. Working closely with the Data Science and Data Engineering teams, as well as stakeholders in the wider business, you will proactively identify problems which could be solved through the application of machine learning models, and other advanced approaches.
As a Decision Analyst, you'll analyse and interpret large amounts of data from different sources in order to make it accessible to the business. You will then present your results using clear and engaging language. The successful candidate will be adept at stakeholder management and requires a balance of technical and commercial aptitude.
This is what you'll be doing:
- Liaise with stakeholders to reactively and proactively identify opportunities to apply advanced solutions (or improve on existing solutions) to deliver against outcomes & key results.
- Work with the Engagement Manager to elicit initial requirements from stakeholders.
- Ensure project goals are delivered within specified timelines, and any further requirements relating to project are captured for consideration in future versions of solutions.
- Iteratively build and prototype data pipelines to provide data-driven insights or improve business processes.
- Use SQL and Python to deliver your solution.
- Support and collaborate with multidisciplinary teams of data engineers, data scientists and analysts to deliver robust data products at scale.
- Strategic Mind-set: takes a long-term view and anticipates future trends and implications
- Business Insights: has a nose for business, uses insights to impact commercial drivers
- Collaborates: Can you works with others across the organisation to get things done?
- Customer focus: Thinks about customers 24/7, and puts them at the heart of all that we do
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- Degree or higher in either Mathematics, Computer Science, or similar
- At least two years of experience in a hands-on analyst role or similar
- Experience with Python and SQL programming languages
- Excellent communication skills, and experience explaining technical projects to senior and non-technical audiences
- Strong numerical and data abilities
- Knowledge of software development good practices
Do you have experience working in the online sports betting or gaming industry?
Do you have prior project experience?
Do you have a keen interest in Data Science and the methods/practices used in online businesses? (specifically regression, classification, and recommender algorithms)