The mission of the Cvent data science team is to enhance Cvent’s software products and enable the company to make data-informed decisions at all levels, using data mining, augmented intelligence and a solid understanding of the business. You will be part of a fast-growing team, strongly committed to impacting the company via industry-leading data science.
As a Senior Data Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Working with a talented team of data scientists and software developers to impact data-driven product enhancement and decision-making.
- Architecting, building and managing a data infrastructure (data lake/feature store) for data science R&D and operations, in a very heterogeneous data environment.
- Creating and maintaining detailed documentation on the data infrastructure.
- Building and refining data queries for data science R&D as well as for ad-hoc analyses.
- Researching and developing new technology solutions to meet the needs of upcoming data science projects.
What you will minimally need for this role:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science from a well-reputed program
- At least 4 years of experience working as a data engineer in industry
- A robust understanding of and experience with data modeling and management
- Demonstrated strengths in Python, Java, and both SQL and NoSQL data stores
- Fully proficient in at least one big data technology, preferably Spark
- Deep experience with AWS technologies including S3, serverless functions, EMR, Athena
- Skills in data visualization and dashboard creation
- Understanding of REST APIs and how to interact with them
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
It will be excellent if you also have:
- Master's or higher degree in computer science from a well-reputed program
- Experience building out a data lake/data warehouse in a cloud environment
- Conceptual and technical understanding of Machine Learning, including data quality and data ingestion aspects
- Proven ability for proactive, independent work with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of the full software development lifecycle, including Git, code reviews, test-driven development, and CI/CD
- Experience of designing and implementing REST APIs
- Knowledge of Confluence or other platform for documentation