Covance is recruiting a clinical Data Scientist to join our dynamic Clinical Informatics team in RTP, NC. This team is part of the Global Data Strategy team. Get ready to redefine what’s possible and discover your extraordinary potential at Covance. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to personally advance healthcare and make a difference in peoples’ lives with your bold ideas and unique point of view. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you’ll be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning.
We are looking for a candidate with a deep understanding of how data driven insights can positively impact business results, and she/he will be responsible for developing or assisting in development of business facing data driven applications. The candidate will interact and communicate with leadership, technical staff, management, subject matter experts, and supporting team members, as well as the customers, on a broad range of technical, data, and project-related requests and issues. The candidate will document, visualize and develop software and data analysis required across the enterprise as directed. The candidate will review and interpret the needs of our businesses and how to apply them to data solutions and advise how this impacts the customers, their data needs, and our projects that serve these customers.
The individual is expected to work with sales and project staff, and actively participate in multi-disciplinary solution sessions as well as contribute toward proposals, project work, and operations, and will also work as a solutions architect and key contributor across multiple collaborative and fast-growing teams as well as mentor other staff.Education/Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, data sciences, software engineering, biostatistics, or similar technical field preferred. Appropriate work experience can be substituted for the advanced degree requirement
- At least 5 years of experience in delivery of custom innovative software solutions in the biopharmaceutical industry supporting research and development functions
- Deep understanding of the nuances of data wrangling and experience in building advanced data integration systems to deliver high speed data for interactive analysis
- 5+ years hands-on experience in both SQL and NoSQL technologies like SQLServer, PostgreSQL, Hadoop, MongoDB, Redis, Hive, Hana
- Experience building cloud-based data and analytics solutions with technologies like AWS, Redshift, BigQuery, or SnowFlake