Research Data Engineer-19920
Supports Personalized Medicine and health outcomes research at Nicklaus Children's. Integrates, builds, and maintains data pipelines and data transformation algorithms for research data analytics consumption. Responsible for data integration, monitoring of data storage, and data distribution across multiple on premise and cloud-based data environments in preparation for sophisticated analytics consumption, data mining, research data sharing, and health outcomes insights. Deploys machine learning algorithms developed by researchers and data scientist. Responsible for buildup of the data environment with supplemental research focused data sets such as Genomics data, Clinical Research data, registries, and clinical data from the EMR and other clinical and research systems for holistic view of Research Participants Record.
Job Specific Duties
- Designs & develops highly scalable end-to-end process to consume, integrate & analyze large volume/complex data from dispersed data sources on both on premise & cloud-based data environments/systems.
- Integrates, builds, and maintains data pipelines and data transformation algorithms for enterprise data analytics consumption.
- Responsible for data integration, monitoring of data storage & data distribution across multiple data environments in preparation for analytics consumption, data mining & enterprise data insights.
- Collaborates with and communicates effectively with a variety of IT, research, and medical staff.
- Integrates ETL/ELT datasets and flows using a variety of open source and best in class proprietary software.
- Writes complex, efficient queries against large, and disparate data sources.
- Monitors ETL/ELT performance and ensures compliance with security.
- Deploys sophisticated analytics programs, machine learning, & statistical methods. Prepares data for predictive & prescriptive modeling. Finds patterns using data to help improve business insights.
- Utilizes machine learning patterns for data discovery and on tasks that can be automated.
- Creates research focused dashboards, reports, and extracts. Packages and builds standardized data models for internal and external delivery.
- Builds up the data environment with supplemental research focused data sets such as Genomics data, clinical data, etc. from the EMR & other systems for holistic view of Research Participants Record.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in IT, Biomedical Informatics, Computer Science, Engineering or related field with at least 4 years of combined experience in Clinical IT and/or Research (OR) Master’s degree in IT, Biomedical Informatics, Computer Science, Engineering with at least 2 years of combined experience in Clinical IT and/or Research
- 1-3 years of Data engineering and integration experience
- 1-3 years experience with data management in cloud-based data environments such as Azure or AWS
- 3-5 years of experience developing database schemas, querying, managing, or curating Oracle PL/SQL or SQL server databases
- 1-3 years of data warehousing ELT/ETL experience
- 1-3 years of experience with the use of Python, SQL, SSIS, or Informatica for data ETL and data transformations
- Experience working with API’s/RESTful Web Services
- Experience with XML, JSON, HL7, or FHIR
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau or Power BI
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Direct experience or strong familiarity with commercial EHR platform and/or PeopleSoft.
- Experience extracting and managing data from large enterprise clinical and non-clinical systems.
- Effective work experience developing, integrating, and supporting data systems; working with a combination of both relational and NoSQL databases.
- Familiarity with and experience with efficient database ETL processes – extracting data from a wide range of data sources, normalizing data, creating and providing entity relationship diagrams, schemas and related documentation, creating primary and foreign keys and indexing, writing functional and technical specifications.
- Ability to learn and apply new technical skills.
- Willingness and ability to share knowledge with other team members.
- Ability to adapt to changes in fast paced healthcare and data environment.
- Able to identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality.
Primary Location:Florida-Miami-Waterford Offices
Department:ENTERPRISE BUS INTELLIGENCE-1000-921906
Job Status:Full Time