ING is looking for a Natural Language Processing Data Scientist for our Global Analytics team.
The Customer Dialogue Analytics Centre of Expertise is a part of the global ING Analytics Unit based in Amsterdam that has the mission to make ING leading in human computer interaction. We do this by combining multiple technologies to deliver high value solutions and products for our organization. We work in a fun and creative environment and we’re dedicated to bringing out the best in both our relations and our projects, ranging from enhancing our virtual assistants in production via innovative NLP techniques, to building speech analytics use cases across all the countries ING operates in.
A day in the life of an NLP Data Scientist
After your morning coffee, you stand up with data engineers to understand the best scalable way to get models to run in production, leading the way in how to approach a modeling problem and to turn data into business value. You talk to the business to convince them that your solution has value and you incorporate their feedback into your modeling pipeline. After a lunch break with colleagues, you think of a new technology you’d like to try out. You start investigating and write it up for the next experimentation day or demo. At the end of the afternoon, you finalize some comments other colleagues from the ING Analytics Community had on your latest blog post or start building your presentation for the next conference you will be presenting at. As a Data Scientist working for ING Global Analytics, you’ll never get bored with many experienced and skilled colleagues around you, the freedom to innovate, and to not only use open source tooling, but also contribute and teach about them.
As a Natural Language Processing (NLP) Data Scientist, you will be joining the global ING Analytics organization and will partner with Machine Learning (ML) Engineers and Customer Journey Experts to design and implement leading-edge customer dialogue analytics products, such as virtual assistants. As an NLP data scientist, you understand business needs, perform data preprocessing and analysis, and build machine learning models for speech and text data to improve our conversational platform.
You Will Be Responsible For
- Developing production level NLP models
- Working with ML Engineers to productionize your developed NLP models
- Using the cutting-edge NLP and conversational AI frameworks and technologies
- Following best practices in developing ML code and ML software tests
- Making design and technical decisions for conversational systems projects at ING Analytics. Supporting local teams in several countries and their projects. Participating in design, analysis, and interpretation of business hypotheses and exploring datasets. Recommending ideas to the business based on data.
- Assisting your model users to understand the data science principles and when needed explaining the model behavior and possible corrective actions.
- Contributing to strengthening the data analytics capability within the team.
- Always thinking a step ahead and never satisfied with the status quo
- Enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a talent for taking it on and making it happen
- You have a learning attitude. Not only to master new technologies and programming languages, but also on the interpersonal level. You are proven to be able to ask and give feedback
- You embrace challenges in a fast-changing and complex environment
- You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals
- You have a Pro-active and can-do attitude (self-steering)
- You take pride in your code and take responsibility for keeping it running in production
- You combine both thinking of the future and a hands-on, right now attitude
- You enjoy working in a team, with highly skilled people, having a creative atmosphere where trying out new things is encouraged.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile?
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science, and preferably in Natural Language Processing, Information Retrieval, or Machine Learning.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in building Natural Language Processing or Information Retrieval pipelines and models
- You have an in-depth understanding of algorithms like Conditional Random Fields, Transformers, Recurrent Neural Networks, and Convolutional Neural Network
- Strong programming skills in Python, experience in delivering production grade code, and reasonable SQL understanding
- Can build an “end-to-end ML software product” which has NLP/IR component
- Experience with Deep Learning frameworks like Tensorflow and PyTorch
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills at the technical and business level
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum way of working
Nice To Have
- Written knowledge of Dutch
- Experience with applying NLP on banking and/or contact center domains
- Knowledge of DevOps practices including Git and CI/CD
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience with CI/CD for Machine Learning pipeline (CD4ML).
What do we offer?
In Addition, We Offer
Working at ING means working in a dynamic and international setting. Individual development of our employees is very important and that is why ING offers excellent courses and programs. We only hire people with exceptional talents and capabilities. You will work on the most innovative projects within ING.
- A competitive salary
- Working with highly skilled people
- Working in an area which is of great importance to the strategy of ING
- A relaxed and fun team
- An International atmosphere
- A full time position (36 hours per week)
- Great training and education opportunities