We provide our utility clients with a wide range of energy-saving and renewable energy solutions. From individual utility customers and construction contractors, to utilities, municipalities, and government bodies, our clients have come to depend on our customized energy efficiency programs to help them to meet their energy saving goals.
The Data Analyst is primarily responsible for helping meet the business needs of the company providing technical and administrative support for the company’s Salesforce.com system. Incumbent manages program startup implementations, routine report and analysis questions for Programs and Program Staff, work with program staff & clients to resolve issues as escalated by other Information Management team members. The Data Analyst works within a team environment. You will also be working with others who are passionate about energy efficiency and making a positive impact on the industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Provide development, oversight, and management of the company’s investment in SalesForce.com
- Monitor, evaluate, and improve the efficiency of all database systems and processes
- Report and dashboard development in Salesforce.com as part of Program startup and ongoing support
- Provide day to day support for the company’s data analysis requirements – designing procedures and queries to meet stakeholder needs, optimizing performance
- Provide support to all departments, as needed, utilizing the company’s Salesforce.com system
- Works closely with Bensight Implementation Analyst to identify training opportunities and process improvements to insure data integrity to support the overall Program success
- Manage and appropriately escalate issues in a help desk environment
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems or Computer Science (or equivalent work experience required)
- 2-3 years of experience with database development and management
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Excel query tools
- Relational database development, SQL query tools
- Experience and thorough understanding of TSQL Coding - Preferred
- 3-5 years previous experience in MIS/Information Systems – Preferred
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- com and force.com application development - Preferred
- Help Desk and/or system and user troubleshooting and service experience - Preferred
- Experience with energy efficiency program implementation - Preferred
- Knowledge and familiarity with front end and query tools, and database performance and tuning techniques
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Access, Excel and Outlook
- Experience in developing processes and entering information into tracking system databases
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers, clients and employees
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and solve practical problems
- Knowledge of mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages and ratios
- Reliable transportation
Licenses & Certifications
- Willingness to travel less than 15% of the time
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to touch and handle tools and/or controls
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Noise Level is typically moderate
- Employee could be exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles and risk of potential shock
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer