Headquartered in beautiful Santa Barbara, HG Insights is the global leader in technology intelligence. HG Insights uses advanced data science methodologies to help the world's largest technology firms and the fastest growing companies accelerate their sales, marketing, and strategy efforts.
We offer a competitive salary, growth potential, and a casual yet professional environment. Get your sweat on at one of our fitness classes or go for a run along the beach which is two blocks away. You can find employees riding bikes to lunch in the funk zone or hanging out in one of our collaboration spaces. We are passionate about our jobs with a get-it-done attitude, yet we don't take ourselves too seriously. While we work very hard, we also enjoy all that the Santa Barbara coast has to offer.
What You'll Do:
The Senior Data Analyst is responsible for furthering HG Insights capabilities within the Data Operations group to efficiently and effectively build and maintain the HG dataset through enhancements to the data curation efforts - leveraging insights gained via the application of data mining and data analysis, combined with a predictive approach to the most impactful solutions and achievement of the departmental objectives. The Senior Data Analyst is an integral part of ensuring the integrity of the industry leading data products that enable the success of HG Insights clients.
What You'll Be Responsible For:
- Experiment and develop new ways to extract actionable insights from big data.
- Identify opportunities to comprehensively use the attributes and intelligence present in the data to improve processes and applications of rule sets
- Generate monthly communication to internal stakeholders identifying impactful changes as a result of operational efforts
- Understand client use cases and contribute to strategic planning within the team through indirect interaction with customers
- Apply a degree of predictive modeling to guide focus areas for improvement within the dataset.
- Coordinate with internal HG Insights teams on initiatives including the automation of impact reporting, integration of systematic product validation logic, and support delivering files to our clients
- Developing guidance and informing the business decisions of key stakeholders and leadership.
- Inform product and engineering decisions through impact analysis, and data model design and development
- Working with other departments as necessary to contribute to and/or lead strategic initiatives
- Team leadership through mentoring of data analysts and educating department leadership on the use of and value of insights developed
What You'll Need:
- Proficiency with G Sutie / Microsoft Office Suite of Products
- Advanced wxperience with relational databases (MySQL, SQL Server, Athena)
- Experience with programming languages (Python/R/C#)
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data quickly, recognize complex patterns and anomalies
- Ability to translate and communicate complex data concepts to non-technical end users, including through dashboards created in Tableau or other BI tools
- Strong Individual and team work ethics
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to follow specific detailed instructions with the confidence to offer alternative solutions to the betterment of the project
- Strong English reading and written comprehension and communications skills
- Three to five years of data industry experience
Due to Covid-19, We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. Normally, you'll be working in Santa Barbara two blocks from the beach!
HG Insights Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note that HG Insights does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event of a recruiter or agency submitting a resume or candidate without a signed agreement being in place, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire such candidates without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of HG Insights