Pernod Ricard is the global co-leader in wines and spirits and the leader in the premium segment. Listed in the Paris CAC40, Pernod Ricard has a portfolio of prestigious brands such as Ricard, Absolut, Chivas Regal, Ballantine’s, Jameson, Martell, Havana Club, Mumm and Perrier-Jouët. With an annual turnover in excess of €9bn, the Group is present in 80+ markets around the world and employs more than 19,000 employees.
Pernod Ricard launched an ambitious program to leverage the power of data. In order to support this massive digital transformation, Pernod Ricard decided to create Centers of Excellence. One of them will be the Data Center of Excellence: An armed wing of PR ambition to become a platform company. Pernod Ricard Data CoE will offer expertise, advice and change levers to assist and accelerate global and local data projects.
We have already started this agenda with the deployment of flagship projects with strong sponsorship from the CEO and his Top Management and large financial investment, such as the prioritization of outlets through social media data & automated updates to increase market penetration and better calibration of our route-to-market. We have built a best-in-class Data Platform where projects are delivered in production, leveraging the most recent technologies available on the public Cloud. We have designed a Data Academy program, in partnership with our HR team, to certify internally our employees.
We’re looking for a passionate and talented Data Engineer to join our rapidly growing team. In this role, you’ll develop data pipelines, data products and projects on our Data Platform to contribute to our global data transformation projects as well as supporting data teams from the group and its affiliates in their data journey. Successful candidates are intellectually curious builders who are biased toward action, scrappy, and communicative
Roles and responsibilities:
Develop and evolve data engineering products
- Understand business issues and translate these into technical needs
- Contribute to the roadmap of our internal data engineering products
- Partner with data engineers and data architect to design data products (versioning toolbox, python managers …)
- Design, develop and deploy at scale data products for the data teams in the Group and its affiliates
- Ensure that your products are consistent with the Data COE technical recommendations
- Optimize and enhance computational efficiency of algorithms and software design, manage cost and quality of the data solutions
Build and maintain data pipelines
- Gather and organize large and complex data assets
- Participate in global data transformation projects and partner with data scientist, machine learning engineers to design relevant pipelines and transformation for our transformation projects
- Ensure that your pipelines are consistent with the Data COE technical recommendations
Build and enrich the data engineering best practices
- Design frameworks to assess code quality, testing and continuous improvements of pipelines and algorithms for data projects
- Design best practices and frameworks for data teams and assist them to implement data algorithms that are clean, scalable and easily maintainable
Foster a data-oriented culture
- Assist and accelerate data transformation within the strategic data projects
- Assist affiliates to build and deploy a data-driven culture to educate their local business and IT teams
- Contribute to Data platform community
- Contribute to foster a data-driven culture into the Group
- Internal stakeholders: Global business teams, data stakeholders of all the affiliates, IT Managers, Business Relationship Managers
- Key External stakeholders: Data External providers, cloud/data providers, communication agencies, Peers in noncompetitive companies
- Job scope: 100% international
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree from Engineering School / University
- 3+ years of experience in a data position, preferably in an international context.
- Pragmatic and capable of solving complex issues
- Ability to understand business needs
- Good communication
- Push innovative solutions
- Service-oriented, flexible & team player
- Self-motivated, take initiative
- Attention to detail & technical intuition
Experience in data transformation methods (illustrative)
- Expert in ETL tools
- Expert in Relational database technologies and concepts:
- Perform SQL queries
- Create database models
- Maintain and improve queries performance
- Familiar with scripting languages
Experience in software development methods (illustrative)
- Proficiency with infrastructure as code principles
- Familiarity with the storage, manipulation and management of relational, non-relational and streaming data structures
- Analytic reasoning and complex problem solving involving mathematical programming and big data problems
- Understanding of parallel computing
Familiarity with a broad base of technical tools (illustrative)
- Good knowledge of cloud computing. Knowing Azure is a plus
- Good knowledge of Python and Spark is a plus
- Data tools: Storage (Azure Datalake, SQL Database, Snowflake), processing and orchestration (Databricks, ADF, LogicApp), exploration (Power BI), API Management and Azure Functions for serverless applications
- Project management & support: JIRA projects & service desk, Trello, Confluence, Sharepoint
The Data Engineer will report directly to the Data Platform Manager.
The Data Engineer will manage external consultants.
Pernod Ricard values diversity and solidarity within its organization and in its relations with its stakeholders. Our recruitment methods focus on skills and we welcome all types of talent.