CURRENT Jefferson County employees
Do NOT apply here
Apply in Workday using Find Jobs
Jefferson County Government, CO
Close Date: 04/18/21
Category:Administrative, Business Programs and Services
HS IT Operations
Are you seeking more than a paycheck ?
Do you want to serve your community in a way that's friendly, composed, and professional? At JeffCo, we are looking for customer-focused individuals just like YOU who take pride in their work, have an eye for detail, and believe in a positive attitude. Whether you are coming from a job where travel is mandatory, or leaving a company with an overwhelming schedule, you can find a better quality of life working with the JeffCo community. We offer exciting benefits such as flex time, generous holiday schedules, and regular business hours so you can stay put, spend more time with family, and enjoy all the amenities Jefferson County has to offer!
If you are looking for a great opportunity for your career to take off, then this position welcomes you to work for a County that thrives on working collaboratively and overcoming challenges. We are seeking someone who has a strong work-ethic, is a self-starter, loves what they do and is motivated to share their knowledge and experience with those who they work with.
Are you seeking more than a paycheck?
- Are you looking for a way to use your data solutions and innovative mindset to influence program improvements ?
- Does working for a collaborative , customer focused team excite you?
- Do you want a career that fulfills your passions and purpose to make a difference in the lives of our community members?
If you answered “Yes!” Jefferson County Human Services’ Data Analyst Senior may be what you’ve been searching for!
The Data Analyst Senior maintains data analytics and presents metrics to Leadership to assist with program improvements. As well as collaborating with program partners and assisting end users to provide the best service to our community members.
As an employer of choice, we hope you will feel welcome here. The inclusive environment and culture of dignity and respect are what makes this organization so unique. We appreciate that staff uphold our mission and help provide opportunities for our customers to succeed.
Jefferson County Human Services upholds a unique set of core competencies and guiding principles.
- Customer Service
- Employer of Choice
- Integrated Services
- Two-Generation Model
- Value Curve
The Data Analyst Senior is responsible for:
- Collaborating with leadership and other program leaders to identify, develop, and deliver reporting tools to aid in the development and implementation of programs, policy objectives, and program goals.
- Analyzing extrapolated data and developing recommendations for leadership by delivering and presenting complex data in written and oral formats.
- Reviewing reports for data abnormalities, developing solutions to modify or correct issues, and collaborating with end users to ensure data entry captures required information.
- Providing guidance, training, and coaching to end users.
- Troubleshooting and maintaining system.
- Monitoring complex data collection processes for State, Federal, and local data analytics and reporting.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities that lead to success in this role include:
- Ability to interpret complex data and communicate metrics in a way that is easily understood by varying level of audiences
- Collaborative and innovative attitude
- Strategic planning for short- and long-term goals
- High level of knowledge with SQL, Tableau, and/or CBMS programs
- Passion for serving our community
At the current time, this position will be working remotely, Monday through Friday, with occasional in-office work. There is an opportunity to discuss flexible schedules in the future.
To meet the minimum requirements for this role you must have:
- A bachelor’s degree in information systems, statistics, business management or similar field
- Three (3) years of experience in database management and data analytics
- Or an equivalent combination of years of experience and education
An ideal candidate will also have these preferred qualifications:
- Experience with SQL databases
- Experience with Tableau Reporting or similar data visualization software
- Experience presenting and providing recommendations to leadership
- Experience with Colorado Benefits Management System (CBMS) is a plus
Please note that supplemental questions requiring a written response will serve as a writing sample.
Offer contingent on successful completion of background check.
Recruitment Process: You are able to see your status and any communication when you log into your candidate portal . Listed below are the steps in our recruiting process:
- Once the job bulletin has closed, the Talent Acquisition Team evaluates all applications based on the minimum requirements listed in the qualifications section of the job bulletin.
- Next, the Talent Acquisition Team reviews applications for the preferred skills. While these skills are not a requirement for the position, they will contribute to the success of the new hire in this role. These skills are scored and the highest scoring applicants will be forwarded to the next step.
- The next step includes the hiring team reviewing applications and deciding who to contact for a phone screen/interview. The number of applications forwarded for Manager Review depends on the hiring teams request and can range from 10 applications to everyone who meets minimum requirements; not everyone who makes it to Manager Review is guaranteed an interview.
- If the hiring team wishes to speak with you further, they will reach out to you via phone call or email using the contact information listed on your application. You may receive emails asking you to complete a task within your candidate portal and it is important that you are receiving our emails as we do not want you to miss out on an opportunity.
The time frame for contacting applicants depends on the hiring team's schedule/workload and how many applications were referred for manager review. Please note that Jefferson County receives on average over 100 applications per job bulletin.
Thank you for your patience and for your interest in Jefferson County Government! We wish you success through this process. Do not forget to sign up for Job Interest Alerts through your candidate portal to receive email alerts for future positions you are interested in.
:Minimum three years