Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Internal Firm Services - Other
Job Description & Summary
A career in Products and Technology is an opportunity to bring PwC's strategy to life by driving products and technology into everything we deliver. Our clients expect us to bring the right people and the right technology to solve their biggest problems; Products and Technology is here to help PwC meet that challenge and accelerate the growth of our business. We have skilled technologists, data scientists, product managers and business strategists who are using technology to accelerate change.
Our team designs, develops and programs the methods, processes, and systems that are used to collect all forms of data and develop models that serve predictions to applications, automated process flows, and stakeholders. A Data Scientist collects domain context from stakeholders, defines hypothesis and prediction tasks, identifies and creates supporting data sources, conducts experiments with various algorithms to model prediction tasks, undertakes validation and tests of models to improve performance, produces pipelines that can be used to automate training and predictions with unseen or production data, identifies meaningful insights from data sources, and contextualizes model outputs to communicate with stakeholders (product owners, process managers, and end consumers).
Data Science/ML - Manager
PwC Labs is focused on standardizing, automating, delivering tools and processes and exploring
emerging technologies that drive efficiency and enable our people to reimagine the possible. Process
improvement, transformation, effective use of innovative technology and data & analytics, and leveraging
alternative delivery solutions are key areas of focus to drive additional value for our firm. If as a
professional you are looking to put your skills to work in a product-based, fast paced, entrepreneurial, and
inclusive environment, PwC Labs is the team for you.
A career in our PwC Labs, will provide you with a unique opportunity to build transformative products and
innovate mechanisms that bring new insights to our business and customers that can help identify
business gaps, solve problems, and build new business opportunities.
Day to day responsibility:
As a Data Science Manager, you will be tasked with:
● Design and develop solutions related to machine learning, natural language processing and
deep learning & Generative AI to address business needs.
● You need exceptional skills in data science and continuously expand personal skill sets and stay
up to speed on the latest A.I. trends, tools, methodologies, and techniques.
● Leading and mentoring a team of data scientists, ensuring the delivery of high-quality work and
fostering continuous learning and innovation.
● Overseeing the design, development, and deployment of machine learning, natural language
processing, and deep learning solutions to meet business objectives.
● Collaborating with cross-functional teams to understand business needs and translate them into
actionable data-driven solutions.
● Staying updated with the latest trends, tools, and techniques in AI and data science, ensuring that
the team is always equipped with the best tools and knowledge.
● Ensuring the operationalization of data science models, emphasizing scalability and automation.
● Driving the strategic direction of data science projects, ensuring alignment with business goals
Skills and Experience:
● 8 to 12 years of relevant experience in data science, with at least 3 years experience in leading /
managing data science projects.
● Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical
● Good experience in handling multiple data science projects and leading experience in leading
● Strong experience in Python programming, SQL, etc. and applying analytical methods to large
and complex datasets leveraging one of those languages
● Candidate should have a solid work exposure to Generative AI based projects that includes
designing and implementing solutions based on Langchain framework and designing efficient
prompt for LLM’s.
● Candidate should have good experience in pre-training and fine tuning Large Language Models
(LLM’s) on HuggingFace models & other Large Language Models.
● Candidate should have prior experience on any of the cloud platforms (Azure, AWS or GCP).
● Proven ability with NLP and text-based extraction techniques.
● Familiarity with deep learning architectures used for NLP and computer vision based problems.
● Understanding of not only how to develop data science analytic models but how to operationalize
these models so they can run in an automated context
● Understanding of machine learning algorithms, such as k-NN, GBM, Neural Networks Naive
Bayes, SVM, and Decision Forests.
● Utilizing and applying knowledge commonly used data science packages including Spark,
Pandas, SciPy, and NumPy.
● Leading, training and working with other data scientists in designing effective analytical
approaches taking into consideration performance and scalability to large datasets
● Experience manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from
● Applying techniques such as multivariate regressions, Bayesian probabilities, clustering
algorithms, machine learning, dynamic programming, stochastic-processes, queuing theory,
algorithmic knowledge to efficiently research and solve complex development problems and
application of engineering methods to define, predict and evaluate the results obtained.
● Developing and deploying A.I. solutions as part of a larger automation pipeline
● Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to mentor and guide team members.
● Experience in engaging with both technical and non-technical business stakeholders
● Good at Storytelling, Strong documentation, communication and presentation skills.
● Should have some experience in stakeholder management
● Continuous learner with a passion for staying updated and expanding knowledge.
● Ability to influence and build relationships at all levels within the organization.
● Strong problem-solving skills with a focus on innovation and efficiency.
• Advanced Data Science Certifications in Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and Natural Language
• Certified Professional in Python Programming Level 2 or higher.
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date