The IT Data Analyst applies technical and analytic skills to extract and interpret data across multiple integrated systems, documents report specifications, and produces analyses. Identifies trends and opportunities for growth through analysis of complex datasets. Responsible for creating, maintaining, updating and publishing reports and dashboards for IT systems, and recommends enhancements to reporting models. Develops and implements data quality assurance process and methodologies to ensure accuracy, completeness, and consistency of IT data.Position: IT Data Analyst
Department: Service Desk
Schedule: Full Time
Essential Responsibilities / Duties
- Proactively analyze data to answer key questions for stakeholders, with an eye on what drives operational performance, and investigate and communicate which areas need improvement in efficiency and productivity.
- Designs and develops reports, dashboards, and data visualizations utilizing in-house tools.
- Produces analyses based on operational data to support operational improvement and consistency.
- Serves as the data expert for IT Service data, including ServiceNow system reports and maintains an inventory IT reports.
- Responsible for educating IT and the Business on ServiceNow collected data.
- Works closely with IT stakeholders, facilitating effective communication and collaboration to identify and address data-related issues, requirements, and opportunities.
- Collaborates with ServiceNow Developer and/or directly with key business users to ensure business requirements and report specifications are documented accurately and completely.
- Partners with IT resources to understand complex issues and analyzes and presents data in a meaningful way for decision making.
- Present data-driven insights to IT stakeholders, enabling them o make informed decisions and drive continuous improvement.
- Develops and implements data quality assurance process and methodologies to ensure the accuracy, completeness, and consistency of IT data.
- Identifies and remediates data discrepancies, anomalies, and errors through data cleansing and validation techniques.
- Drives workflow and process change by identifying opportunities for improvement derived from ServiceNow and other third party systems data analysis
- Works with Business System Analysts and IT Project Managers to support requests for data on projects.
- Follows established SDLC, change control, release management and incident management processes.
- Applies business knowledge to recommend enhancements to reporting models
- Leads sessions with business areas to understand their reporting needs, provide recommendations for potential revisions to existing reports or scope out new reports when required.
- Contributes to the development and enforcement of data governance policies, standards, and practices.
Knowledge And Skills
- 3+ years of experience in data analysis.
- Proven analytics skills, including mining, evaluation, and visualization
- Previous experience working with relational databases
- Technical writing experience in relevant areas, including queries, report, and presentations
- Strong SQL or Excel skills, with aptitude for learning other analytics tools
- Experience with IT Service and Support workflows
- Experience with ServiceNow platforms
- Effective collaborative and proven process improvement skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to interact within all levels of the organization.
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully plan, organize and manage projects.
- Detail oriented, excellent proof reading and editing skills.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and make sound business decisions effectively.
- Working knowledge of healthcare industry