The Data Engineer is following the project in an agile manner during the entire life cycle: from the very start of the idea with the business teams to the day-to-day in production.
His/her main missions are:
- Understanding business needs, defining functional requirements and proposing technical solutions in response.
- Designing and developing the data transformation flows (python,SQL,PySpark …) inside our datalab infrastructure (Dataiku)
- When tested, delivering into production and monitoring the smooth execution on a daily basis.
- Training and coaching the other team members (Index, Quant and Global analytics) to use the datalab platform, and defining good practices (code review, clean code…)
Leveraging curiosity, structure and ability to be solution-oriented, he/she will have the opportunity to quickly build knowledge and relations with all Euronext departments and locations.
Challenged by our competitive environment, and leveraging of our cloud migration, he/she will be fully immersed into our vast data ecosystem, and will be part of our ongoing data transformation to re-invent ourselves to be more agile and innovative while still robust and reliable.
He/she will have at his/her disposal our newly built Datalab infrastructure, hosted into AWS with native scalable capacity (Kubernetes, PySpark… ) to develop his/her potential with challenging use cases requiring massive quantity of valuable data.
This role is a high profile and exciting opportunity for a motivated and proactive self-starter to be involved in a growing business, and be at the heart of innovation of the data business in the European marketplace.
The role of the Data Engineer is to deliver innovative and/or strategic initiatives for ADS business teams. This includes the following responsibilities:
- Exploring new ideas with the business teams (new product, new possible automation…) and refining them
- Studying the feasibility by identifying: the right data sources (internal or external), data processing required and the output format / delivery channels
- Designing and developing the optimized data processing flow matching with the required level of scalability and performance
- Coordinating with the business teams to follow the different tasks and progress on the various use cases
- Writing the associated documentation for the delivered projects
- Monitoring the use cases running in production on the production Datalab nodes.
- Assuring the quality of the deliverables (peer code review, shared library to mutualize the code...)
- Defining good practices on the datalab topics (flow architecture rules, pre-production check list …) and distributing them inside the Datalab community.
Euronext is looking at the following profile:
- Curiosity, willingness to learn
- Strong technical skills for data processing with an expertise in pandas and/or Pyspark
- Experience to lead design process with business teams, to gather and challenge needs,to define and explain solutions
- Ability to quickly master a subject and to be able to challenge business teams on their use cases
- Good organizational skills to work on multiple projects/ use cases at the same time
- Team player with ability to work effectively in a changing team environment that demands a high degree of cooperation, flexibility and teaming
- Excellent people skills and ability to create strong relationships with the different business teams he/she will work with. Good teaching ability to explain technical choices for business people with no IT background
- Tactical and operational vision to find the right balance between speed and reliability
- Demanding, pragmatic when needed, flexible, adaptable and innovative in response to changing situations and demands
- Very strong drive and tenacity to get things done
- Demonstrating the highest standards of honesty and ethical behavior
- Challenges ideas that he/she believes are incorrect
Education & knowledge
- Engineering or development school
- Fluent in written and verbal English. Fluency in French is a strong plus
- Data oriented development languages (pandas or pyspark)
- 3-5 years’ experience in one or more of the following: Datalab teams, Commando teams in financial industry, IT (big) data project with a role of development (in pandas or pyspark) data pipelines for production grade usage.
- 2 years’ experience with strong involvement inside (or with) business teams for collecting needs, and requirements and designing data solution to answer them.
• We respect and value the people we work with
• We are unified through a common purpose
• We embrace diversity and strive for inclusion
• We value transparency, communicate honestly and share information openly
• We act with integrity in everything we do
• We don’t hide our mistakes, and we learn from them
• We act with a sense of urgency and decisiveness
• We are adaptable, responsive and embrace change
• We take smart risks
• We are positively driven to make a difference and challenge the status quo
• We focus on and encourage personal leadership
• We motivate each other with our ambition
• We deliver maximum value to our customers and stakeholders
• We take ownership and are accountable for the outcome
• We reward and celebrate performance
We remain committed to providing a positive hiring and onboarding experience for our candidates during these unprecedented times. Where our offices can open safely, they will remain open; otherwise our employees are able to work efficiently from home. The well-being of our employees, their families, our external partners and visitors is our upmost priority and we are closely following Government guidance in all our locations to ensure all health and safety guidance are met.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, age, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or any other legally protected factor. We value the unique talents of all our people, who come from diverse backgrounds with different personal experiences and points of view and we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect.
This job description is only describing the main activities within a certain role and is not exhaustive. It does not prevent to add more tasks, projects.