Start date dependent upon satisfactory pre-employment checks
About the Role
The role of Data Analyst is a new role within Gamma’s direct business that will be key in enabling us to analyse and report on business KPI’s, and analyse / model the impact of operational changes across the direct business.
You will be working alongside business analysts and architects, working to understand current business pain points and supporting identifying solutions to these.
You will be responsible for using a wide variety of internal and external data sources to help us understand our performance against plans, the impact of potential changes and proactively identify opportunities to improve our customer support offerings, service and processes.
The role will include supporting trend and investigatory analysis and forecasting to help inform and plan for changes.
- You’ll have previous experience of operating as a data analyst within a business customer facing organisation.
- You’ll have excellent data analysis skills, confident in using SQL to gather, analyse and interpret disparate pieces of data; it would be desirable for you to also have experience of using Power BI.
- You’ll have excellent questioning skills with the ability to help a stakeholder articulate their requirements.
- Ideally you’ll have experience of the telecoms market or experience with business to business service providers.
- You’ll have excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels with a flair for articulating your thinking.
- You will be an excellent team player with a proactive mindset, with a passion for working together as a team to achieve goals.
- You will thrive in an environment where you are trusted to be work smart and work hard without micromanagement.
- You’ll have an outgoing and welcoming personality, able to adapt to differing customer groups at ease, taking pride in providing a first-class customer experience at all times.
Gamma is a leading supplier of voice, data and mobile products and services in the UK.
People are the lifeblood of our success. The people working for us are unusually passionate and enthusiastic about what they do. That’s because the ethos within our company is an open, friendly, honest, non-political environment, whilst always being responsive, flexible, committed and hardworking.
In 2019 we were voted one of ‘The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ for the sixth time.
We know giving you the right tools and training is essential. Full training will be given on our products as well as ongoing coaching and support.
There are many good reasons to join Gamma. You’ll find we work in a relaxed environment with an emphasis on delivering the highest quality in everything we do.
We strive to make decisions based on individual merit and ability. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and promote equality of opportunity in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.