By applying for this role, you could choose to work in the following locations:
US - Remote US
What You’ll Do
Defending the health and integrity of the public conversation is Twitter’s top priority. The Health Data Science Team partners with Product, Engineering, and Policy to rigorously understand and quantify Twitter's highly complex and adversarial Health space and use this understanding to empower the Health Organization to better protect our users.
As a Staff Data Scientist on the Health Data Science Team you will:
- Leverage data to identify unwanted interactions, violations of Twitter’s policies, misinformation, and other platform abuse then mitigate those issues with models or quantitatively driven product changes.
- Design, implement, and analyze experiments to determine how new models or products improve the health of the platform.
- Conduct analyses to better understand the determinants of the health and integrity on Twitter. Use this understanding to suggest product improvements.
- Create accurate and statistically sound summary metrics to evaluate the performance of Health related products and motivate teams’ targets/KRs.
- Communicate findings to executives and cross-functional teams.
- Review other data scientists’ code and results to foster a culture of rigorous analysis and constructive feedback.
- Help set the team direction by driving cross-functional alignment on projects and priorities.
What it takes
- Advanced degree in a discipline that uses statistical analysis or mathematical modeling and 4+ years of work experience (or 7+ years of total work experience).
- Experience measuring and mitigating consumer products’ vulnerability to manipulation and subversion.
- Experience with one or more of the following in an applied business setting: experimental design and analysis, quasi-experimental analysis, and machine learning.
- Track record for executing projects and leading complex, multi-functional projects with several dependencies, including Legal and Policy teams.
- Strong proficiency with Python / R and SQL; familiarity with Spark.
- Experience mentoring junior data scientists.
Who we are
Twitter serves the public conversation by encouraging people all over the world to connect, learn, debate and solve problems together. We believe conversation can change the world, and that’s why Tweeps (that’s what we call Twitter employees) come to work every day.
Job opportunities should be equal. We don't discriminate. Period. In legal terms, that means: Twitter is an equal opportunity employer and doesn’t discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: In response to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we’d like to mention that we consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.