Data Engineer – Data & Advanced Analytics EMEA
Our team in Amsterdam currently has an opening for a Data Engineer – Data & Advanced Analytics EMEA
YOUR ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
We are Brenntag – the world’s largest chemical distributor. We began our digital transformation journey in 2017, with the aim of helping our customers access our products and services online, anywhere, anytime.
DigiB – our talented Digital Sales Solutions Team – unites software development and digital marketing professionals, alongside chemical industry experts. Our next journey demands that we put ‘DATA” as key and core to everything that we do. We require talented individuals to join us for this next part of our journey.
As part of a global organisation, our team works on large-scale projects that allow us to make an impact, experiment and learn every day. Does this sound like you? Read on to find out more about Data Enginner – Data & Analytics at DigiB in Netherlands!
In this role you will be:
- Configuring and maintaining data cloud infrastructure, like networking, security & authorisation, data storage, computing instances and SaaS services for Data & Analytics
- Designing architecture (in consultation with architects)
- Building data pipelines and track stability
- Setting up and maintaining connections with other systems
- Developing and maintaining connections with other systems
- Developing and maintaining standards for Data Engineering
- Managing data and meta-data, creating documentation and maintaining it
- Innovating, exploring, benchmarking and implementing varied data technologies
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Experience with cloud services and configurations (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Data integration experience with enterprise systems such as SAP ECC, SAP HANA, SAP CRM, etc
- Excellent coding skills (SQL, Phython, C/C#, Java)
- Worked with database such as Snowflake, PostgreSQL, Hbase, etc with data modelling, database design and development
- Experience with data management tools such as AWS Glue, Informatica, etc
- Experience with messaging systems such as Kafka, RabbitMQ
- Experience building stream-processing systems using solutions such as Spark streaming
- Application development experience (DevOps way of working – Agile, CI/CD, GIT, coding standards)
- Experience working in a start-up style environment
- Excellent communication and consulting skills (presentation, facilitation skills)
- Excellent analytical, conceptual thinking and problem-solving skills
- Business domain knowledge is preferred
- Ability to drive big picture milestones with strong attention to detail
- Experience in matrix organisation set-up with cross-border reporting lines.
Behavioural and mindset:
- Strong client- and impact-focused mindset
- A change orchestrator
- A passion for data, AI and business innovation
- Ability to work, interact and collaborate in a fast-paced environment and cross functions of a large organisation
- A can-do attitude
- A growth mindset
- Ability to do, deliver and lead
We look forward receiving your application.