DATA ENGINEERING COOP
Embark on an exhilarating journey with an Adastra Co-op role, a thrilling opportunity that propels students from the realms of academia into the pulsating heart of real-world Data, Analytics and AI. This role is your launching pad, carefully crafted to ignite your potential and fuel your ambitions, even if you are light on experience
In this role you will work with a team of Adastra consultants to architect, develop, and maintain systems and applications for collecting, storing, and performing batch and real-time processing and analysis of structured and unstructured data. Leverage emerging tools and technologies designed for distributed cloud-based and on-premises environments into scalable solutions.
Regina or Saskatoon, SK (hybrid or remote)
- Work with Adastra's team of senior consultants to design, develop, and maintain data systems and applications
- Implement low-complexity data solution tasks according to functional specifications provided by Technical Analysts, based on business requirements
- Perform Unit testing of data pipelines
- Create documentation related to the development process
- Work on batch and real-time data processing and analysis, utilizing tools such as Hadoop, Hive, Apache Spark, Kafka, Pentaho, NiFi, Databricks, Azure Data Factory, HDFS, Azure Blob storage, Azure Data Lake, Google Cloud Platform tools, and others
- Embrace emerging tools and technologies in the field of Data Engineering
- Contribute to the success of various client projects by providing hands-on technical expertise
Your Profile Includes
- Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Mathematics or equivalent technical background
- Good SQL Knowledge (Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL, Teradata, Netezza, etc.)
- Knowledge of RDBMS and Data Warehouse (DWH) terminology, including entities, relationships, star & snowflake schema, facts, dimensions, primary keys (PK), foreign keys (FK), indexes, etc.
- Understanding of ETL/ELT processes and systems
- Familiarity with various source and target data formats, including relational databases, flat files, XML files, etc.
- Basic knowledge of scripting languages and commands, such as Bash, KShell, or Python
- Interest in Big Data/Cloud technologies
- Familiarity with tools included in Cloudera or Hortonworks Hadoop distribution, or in any major cloud Big Data solution would be an asset
- Ability to present complex subjects and alternatives in a clear and concise manner to both technical and non-technical audiences at various levels within an organization
For more than 20 years, Adastra Corporation has been hyper-focused on data and the infrastructures to support it. We are an international consulting company working work with businesses and IT Leaders to extract value through data and analytic solutions in the domains of Cloud, Data Management, Analytics, AI and ML, Governance, Hyper Automation, and Enterprise Application Development. Our team of experts, combined with our worldclass data management platform, helps provide trusted insights, establish frameworks, enforce best practices, and streamline processes for around-the-clock global coverage. Adastra has a proven track record of helping organizations of all sizes – from SMEs to Fortune 1000s – achieve their data transformation goals, whether that be accelerating innovation, improving operational excellence, or creating unforgettable customer experiences.
What We Offer
- Opportunity for advancement and career progression
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits plan
- Successful referral program
- The opportunity to work with one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies
- Satisfaction of working for a reputable company
- A flexible, dynamic, and diverse workplace
Equal Opportunity Employer
In our commitment to promote fair and equitable treatment of all employees and applicants, Adastra Corporation provides equal employment opportunities for all individuals regardless of age, sex, disability, race, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other ground as described in the Ontario Human Rights Code. In addition, accommodation will be provided during the hiring process. Adastra Corporation’s implementation and support of employment initiatives, encourage diversified labour force participation and equal access to opportunities based on merit and performance.
There has been an increased instance of fraudulent job offers coming from people posing as Adastra HR employees. Please note that Adastra will never request fees as part of our recruiting process and any emails sent to you that are not from ‘@adastragrp.com’ or ‘@talent.icims.com’ are fraudulent. All employment offers are sent via DocuSign and if you receive an employment offer from a suspicious email and not via DocuSign, it is fraudulent.
Contact email@example.com to inquire about jobs at Adastra, to report a suspicious request for money or personal information from external websites or suspicious employment offers.