In this position, the Data Scientist will be responsible for researching and developing advanced data analytics, feature engineering, and machine learning methods to address complex engineering challenges associated with Flowserve’s flow control products. They will be responsible for designing and implementing solutions for complex systems, large-scale data sets, data mining, and research purposes. A strong background in computer science, statistics, data management, and current machine learning technologies is necessary. This individual is also responsible for business case development, collaboration with internal and vendor teams, lifecycle management of analytics projects, and interfacing with senior leadership to provide insights on commercializing analytics solutions. The role will require working on multiple projects simultaneously.
The position will report to the Global IoT Analytics team and will be located at our Singapore location.
- In collaboration with domain subject matter experts, interpret and develop solutions to business problems using advanced data feature engineering and machine learning techniques.
- Develop new analytical methods and tools as required.
- Contribute to data management architectures, modelling standards, reporting, and data analysis methodologies.
- Work with Software engineers & SME to develop, integrate, and deploy predictive analytics models for the purposes of growing the front end of the business.
- Develop methods to automatically visualize information from large data sets.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on data management products, services, protocols, and standards in support of technology procurement and development efforts.
- Work with application developers to extract data relevant for analysis.
- Collaborate with unit managers, end users, development staff, and other stakeholders to integrate data analytics applications with existing systems.
- Provide and apply quality assurance best practices for data analysis services.
- Adhere to change control and testing processes for modifications to analytical models.
- Assist in the creation of data definitions for new database file/table development and/or changes to existing ones as needed for analysis.
- Respond to and resolve data management performance issues. Monitor data management system performance and implement efficiency improvements.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- Support the business with clear and insightful analysis applying advanced modeling techniques leveraging the data at hand.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/ Chemical Engineering or equivalent engineering degree
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in developing solutions encompassing data, analytics, and visualization, for cloud and on prem industrial IoT applications
- Fluency in English is a must
Preferred Experience / Skills : Preferred Skills:
- Additional Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Statistics, Data Science, or Computer Science
- Proficiency in coding packages such as Python or R is required.
- Familiarity with Cloud Computing platforms such as Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud.
- Knowledge of database integration with SQL, Spark, Hadoop, OSI-PI, etc.
- Knowledge of industrial sensors, signal processing, and data acquisition systems is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, written/verbal communication, and leadership skills with the ability to quickly build credibility, influence and make recommendations to all levels.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Organizational skills - ability to multi-task, prioritize, and execute on assigned deliverables.
- Facilitation skills - emphasis on coordinating customer relationships with internal functions/groups; ability to solve issues by coordination across cross-functional areas.
- Strong cross-functional team player.
- Ability to change direction quickly based on analytic needs.
- Ability to communicate complex findings and ideas in a plain language.
- Enjoy discovering and solving problems.
- Strong organizational skills - ability to effectively manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to travel on occasion