As a Senior Data Engineer within Retail Core, you will get the opportunity to build a new data platform from the early stages together with your team. You will work in a welcoming and inclusive team of data engineers and product analysts. You will also collaborate closely with the product teams and designers to create new services for providing operational insights for Zalando’s Partners and your colleagues.
You will be responsible for the collection, transformation, and visualization of the procure-to-pay process data which involves the purchasing and shipment of goods from our wholesale Partners to Zalando warehouses. You will communicate frequently with your team’s stakeholders to understand and react to their needs in order to raise the data capabilities of all of Retail Core.
INCLUSIVE BY DESIGN
At Zalando, our vision is to be inclusive by design. And this vision starts with our hiring - we do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity, sexual orientation, personal expression, ethnicity, religious belief, or disability status. You are welcome to leave out your picture, age, or marital status from your application. We only assess candidates on their qualifications and merit.
We want to provide you with a great candidate experience. Feel free to inform us of any accommodations you may need, so we can best support you throughout the hiring process.
do.BETTER - our diversity & inclusion strategy https //corporate.zalando.com/en/our-impact/dobetter-our-diversity-and-inclusion-strategy
Our employee resource groups https //corporate.zalando.com/en/our-impact/our-employee-resource-groups
WHAT WE’D LOVE YOU TO DO (AND LOVE DOING)
WE'D LOVE TO MEET YOU IF
- You will provide high-quality datasets for operational, analytical and machine learning use-cases through collection, normalization, aggregation and visualization of data
- You will build batch and streaming data pipelines in Databricks on top of our data lake
- You will collaboratively design and implement reliable, secure, and performant data infrastructure and have the opportunity to work with Kubernetes
- You will continuously improve existing systems with the aspiration of stress-free operations and a sustainable work pace
- You will automate and visualize KPI measurements
- You will provide guidance and supportive feedback for your colleagues’ work to help them grow as professionals
- You have 4+ years of experience programming in Python and you are willing to learn Scala (bonus points for existing experience)
- You have experience in designing and setting up ETL jobs with Spark and using pipeline orchestration (bonus points for Airflow, Spark Streaming or Kafka)
- You have experience with cloud technologies
- You have experience with quality practices, such as unit or integration testing and CI/CD
Zalando provides a range of benefits, here’s an overview of what you can expect. Ask your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about what we offer.
- Employee shares program
- 40% off fashion and beauty products sold and shipped by Zalando, 30% off Zalando Lounge, discounts from external partners
- 2 paid volunteering days a year
- Hybrid working model, with flexible hours and up to 60% remote
- Work from abroad for up to 30 working days a year
- 27 days of vacation a year to start
- Relocation assistance available (subject to prior agreement)
- Family services, including counseling and support
- Health and wellbeing options (including Gympass)
- Mental health support and coaching available
It’s the perfect time to join Zalando’s journey, from being a pioneer in the world of e-commerce, to becoming the Starting Point for Fashion in Europe. We connect customers, brands, and partners across 25 markets.
Help us drive digital and sustainable solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 49 million active customers.
Our values https //jobs.zalando.com/en/our-founding-mindset
do.More - our sustainability strategy https //corporate.zalando.com/en/our-impact/domore-our-sustainability-strategy
Follow us on Instagram instagram.com/insidezalando
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.