Omniscient seeks an experienced, qualified Junior Data Scientist.
Omniscient Neurotechnology is the “Human Connectome Company”.
Headquartered in Australia, Omniscient is a pioneer in Human Connectomics, a field of neuroscience that investigates the structural and functional connections of the human brain. Such study is providing researchers and clinicians the tools to better understand and treat complex neurological and mental disorders in a hyper-personalised way.
Our technology uses routine MRI scans to produce personalised brain maps via patented cloud and machine-learning-based processing techniques. Traits and abnormalities derived from an individual’s brain pathways can allow neurosurgeons, neurologists, psychologists and psychiatrists the ability to make more accurate diagnosis and create personalised treatment plans for all brain-related disorders.
Our products deliver these maps with enterprise-grade efficiency and usability, enabling broader access to vital subject-specific neurological insights. These insights are rapidly changing the research, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases such as depression, anxiety, dementia, chronic pain, cancer, schizophrenia, bi-polar disorder, ADD, ADHD, PTSD & TBI.
Since founding, we have grown exponentially and achieved several world-firsts, such as the development of the world’s first Connectomic neurosurgical planning platform to be cleared by regulatory bodies. Today, we are building the world’s most advanced repository of brain imaging data to facilitate researchers globally with the goal of using machine learning to explore the brain’s 100 billion connections.
With continued development, we intend to improve the lives of billions with both medical and non-medical products and services that drastically change how the human brain is understood, treated, and even enhanced.
To achieve our goals we have recruited a high-caliber team of professionals in Australia, USA, China, and Canada and are continuing to grow our team globally.
Dr. Michael Sughrue | Co-Founder, Director & Chief Medical Officer
Mike built one of the biggest neurosurgery practices in the US. With over 230 articles published in scientific journals and as a world authority in the field of Connectomics, Mike brings an unrivalled understanding of the brain to the business of practical clinical outcomes
Dr. Stephane Doyen | Co-Founder, Director, Chief Data Scientist & Chief Technology Officer
As the Head Data Scientist with top-tier consultants, Oliver Wyman, combined with a Ph.D. in neuroscience from Cambridge, Stephane is the ideal technical leader to develop our brain/machine-learning software
Stephen Scheeler | CEO & Managing Director
Stephen headed up Facebook’s #5 market (ANZ) and was a pivotal figure in scaling Facebook from start-up to US$500+ billion giant. Stephen brings the commercial software business leadership to execute our vision
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Machine learning, Engineering or related field
- Must have 2+ years of experience in data science
- Must have good technical skills and statistical background with experience in machine learning and medical imagery preferred
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships within the organization
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Building state-of-the-art scientific and technical capabilities
- Communicates and coordinates with both marketing and technical stakeholders throughout product development
- Assess data sources and drive the ongoing acquisition of new data
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Competitive salary, plus ESOP plan
- Flexible and remote working - we value work-life balance
- State of the art facilities - central location with bicycle parking and end of trip facilities
- Spa week (company-wide offsite at a cool location!)
The open workspace is set up for you to do your best work and have a great time doing so with breakout areas, little nooks, and quiet places to retreat.
If you're seeking professional growth and enjoy working on large, distributed, cloud-based applications that change the world of brain care then apply now to be considered for the position